PDA

View Full Version : Does not appear to be a WAV file

zaker
09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
I just started playing with HLS 6k, have it outputting to my 682 and GECE pixels. Problem is I have wav files that when I try and open them, HLS reports does not appear to be wave file, and will not play in HLS. Yet they will play fine in anything else.

Why does HLS need WAV files? easier to work with? MP3 are normally smaller.

Still getting the hang of HLS after using Vixen since before 1.0, but it pretty much seems straightforward.

thanks
Tom

pmcpa
09-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Wav's require less processing power.... easier to work with from the program side (no MPG decoder involved)... Just a guess, your results may vary!

JHinkle
09-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I just started playing with HLS 6k, have it outputting to my 682 and GECE pixels. Problem is I have wav files that when I try and open them, HLS reports does not appear to be wave file, and will not play in HLS. Yet they will play fine in anything else.

Why does HLS need WAV files? easier to work with? MP3 are normally smaller.

Still getting the hang of HLS after using Vixen since before 1.0, but it pretty much seems straightforward.

thanks
Tom

Much of HLS's capabilities are tied directly to accessing audio data with minimal processing impact.

When You attempt to load your WAV file --- look at the status box I provide to find out why I did not like your WAV file.

I expect it to be Stereo (not Mono), 16 bit data (not 8), and processed at a sample rate of 44.1 khz.

An earlier thread complained about HLS rejecting the WAV file - it turned out to be a self created wav - mono, 8bit, at 8khz ... sorry - that won't work.

If you have converted from an MP3 file - not all MP3 conversions produce a clean WAV file.

Check the HLS forum --- there was a thread several months ago that also discussed this topic.

Hope that helps.

Joe

zaker
09-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks Joe. Yes it does help. The wav I had was mono, have to go play with Audacity and convert some mp3's so I can use them in HLS.

Thanks for all the work you have done with HLS!

tom