PDA

View Full Version : e682 setup help

ratroder
09-22-2012, 06:01 PM
When I try to access the webpage (192.168.1.206) to set up my e682 my browser just shoots back a connection error. I know that I have a good network connection to the computer. The orange status light on the mag jack is solid and the green light is blinking. The leds all light on the side of the board. I also made sure to check all my solder joints and there are no solder bridges.

I am not sure what the issue is.

pmcpa
09-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Is your home computer 192.168.1.###?

If you have a comcast connection you may be 10.0.1.#, and trying to get to 192.168.1.### won't always work.

To check, goto your command prompt (in windows 7, click start, then type "cmd" and press enter) Then type "ipconfig" and press enter. Look for IP Address.

tfischer
09-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Follow the section of the (681) manual where it talks about booting the 68x up into DHCP mode (holding down prog button until the third flash) while having it connected directly to a computer that is off of any other network. Then use the default DHCP address mentioned in the docu (sorry I forget what it is offhand). That should work.

Xenia
09-22-2012, 10:15 PM
From the operations manual:

At power-up, or after restarting by pressing the RESET
button, press and hold the program button. After a few seconds, the red and green status
LEDs will begin flashing on and off together at a rate of one flash per second. To override,
release the PROGRAM button:
After 1 flash to force the web server to start without affecting the network mode.
After 2 flashes to bring up the web server, and force the IP mode to be static.
After 3 flashes to bring up the web server, and force the IP mode to be DHCP. (Release button after third flash!)

An alternative method to access the web page for the first time is to connect an ethernet
cable directly between a PC (that is configured for DHCP) and the E681, and power both
up. At startup, if youíre not sure of the saved configuration, or you know itís
configured for a static IP, force the E681 to DHCP mode using the pushbutton procedure
detailed above. Since no DHCP server will be found by the E681 or by the PC, they will
both have assigned addresses in the 169.254.x.x range. After bootup, type 169.254.74.73
in the address bar of your browser and press ENTER. This should bring up the E681 web
page. From there, you can use the system configuration commands described later, to reconfigure
the module to use a static IP address that is available in your network. Set your static IP address.

ratroder
09-22-2012, 10:16 PM
My home computer is 192.168.0.1## I know that off hand. And yes I do have Comcast.

Will have to try the dhcp method tomorrow.

Xenia
09-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Are you using wireless, or hardwired to the router?

ratroder
09-22-2012, 10:31 PM
My show computer is wired to the switch that goes to the router. The e682 is on the same switch right now.

budude
09-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Your computer would be on a 192.168.0.x network and your E682 is 192.168.1.x so you won't be able to talk to it. What I would suggest is to disconnect your show computer from your home network and plug directly into the E682 and configure the wired LAN IP address on your computer to 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0. This will allow you to configure the E682 directly. Change the static IP address on the E682 to 192.168.0.xxx (you can stick with 206 if you want) and make sure you can bring up the web page ok and do SAVE 0. Exit out, reconfigure your home computer back to DHCP and plug both PC and E682 into your home network switch and everyone will be happy on the 192.168.0.x network and you should be able to configure it fully that way.

Xenia
09-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Ok, So if you disconnect your computer from the switch and connect directly to you E682 and reboot you computer, the procedure above should work. Before you do that you should open network and sharing center and click on you connection, then click on details, write down your computer IP, you subnet mask, default gateway, and dhcp server addresses. It is also helpful if you know the range of dhcp addresses being used so that you can set you static ip address outside of the dhcp range.

Hang in there, connecting up the first time was the hardest part for me.

What Brian said! :)