PDA

View Full Version : Pixel artifacts in single strand

bajadahl
09-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey Sean,

I was attempting to perform a sample test that I could record and show output of a single string of pixels (node) configured as a single strand and then output that to my controller. However, I came across what appears to be an artifact in the .gif generated for the strand. I went ahead and output the effect to LSP and the artifact is included in the generated effect.

Here is the nutcracker settings for all three segments: Color 1: Blue with 1 pixel, Color 2: White with 5 pixels. The effect is 10 seconds long. It starts correctly but about halfway through 5 pixels of blue start at segment 1 and go all the way through segment 3.

Username: bajadahl
Effect Name: SS_Tutor12

This is just an FYI I am just trying to help test a little.
Correct:

With Artifact:

Logged as issue #36.

smeighan
09-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey Sean,

I was attempting to perform a sample test that I could record and show output of a single string of pixels (node) configured as a single strand and then output that to my controller. However, I came across what appears to be an artifact in the .gif generated for the strand. I went ahead and output the effect to LSP and the artifact is included in the generated effect.

Here is the nutcracker settings for all three segments: Color 1: Blue with 1 pixel, Color 2: White with 5 pixels. The effect is 10 seconds long. It starts correctly but about halfway through 5 pixels of blue start at segment 1 and go all the way through segment 3.

Effect Name: SS_Tutor12

This is just an FYI I am just trying to help test a little.
Correct:

With Artifact:

Logged as issue #36.

You didnt mention which target you were using

Everyone: Please always give me
1) 3 items of dayta. your username, your effect name and your target name
or
2) Post a link to the animated gif. Be sure thsi is a link so i can see teh original gif name. The 3 items i need in (1) are in your gif url.

I noticed you had not clicked twice on the house target in the second form. As i went over yesterday day, when creating a target always click the second submit button twice in a row.
I consifer this a bug and will make it correct later.

After i clicked twice and selected the effect you were working with.

i got this for your 14 segment single strand

http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/236/HOUSE~SS_TUTOR12.gif

smeighan
09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
oh, isee you were talking about a diff target,

here is target SS_TUT1. 50 pixels in 3 segments

http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/236/SS_TUT1~SS_TUTOR1.gif

are you talking about the 3rd segment not connecting to the second segment? This is a bug but will effect the output to your sequencer.

when you say artifact, what do u mean?

thanks

bajadahl
09-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Sorry Sean, I was doing it with the following. I'm certainly not trying to cause you more work was just trying to show a possible glitch.

Target: SS_TUT1
Effect: SS_TUTOR14
Gif Link:
http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/236/SS_TUT1~SS_TUTOR14.gif

bajadahl
09-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I was talking about the blue pixels that appear after a few seconds.

Edit: They start at the left and go up the left side and down segment 2 and backup segment 3. I don't think they are defined anywhere. Was wondering if I'm the only one seeing them. I'm using Safari, but I see them in FireFox as well also in the gif you just posted. And they do translate to the Patterns file and show up in LSP.

smeighan
09-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I was talking about the blue pixels that appear after a few seconds.

Edit: They start at the left and go up the left side and down segment 2 and backup segment 3. I don't think they are defined anywhere. Was wondering if I'm the only one seeing them. I'm using Safari, but I see them in FireFox as well also in the gif you just posted. And they do translate to the Patterns file and show up in LSP.

ah, i see. i would say it is a bug. I just tried your settings with my new code, it doesnt do this anymore.

so, the new code fixes the artifact. i just need to gett gnuplot launching correctly so i can release the new code.

new code also has fade_3d Y/N and rainbow Y/N options

kychristmas
09-21-2012, 04:08 PM
ah, i see. i would say it is a bug. I just tried your settings with my new code, it doesnt do this anymore.

so, the new code fixes the artifact. i just need to gett gnuplot launching correctly so i can release the new code.

new code also has fade_3d Y/N and rainbow Y/N options

Don't worry about us. Enjoy your weekend camping with your boys.

smeighan
09-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Don't worry about us. Enjoy your weekend camping with your boys.

thanks i will.

i leave in 2 1/2 hours. the boys come home from school in 1 1/2 hours.

peaceful valley is 4000 acres owned by the boy scouts. it is at 7000 feet and should be a great time. It is one of the largest BSA camping areas in america.

http://www.denverboyscouts.org/camping/boy-scouts/peaceful-valley-scout-ranch/45795

i will be back sunday afternoon and will continue fixing bugs.
Just Remember "double click submit button in the target generation"

thanks
sean

angus40
09-21-2012, 04:22 PM
thanks Sean , enjoy your trip.

bajadahl
09-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks Sean. Like I try to say each post: Really do appreciate what you do. Playing around with it and "testing" is the only way I know to try and help.

Enjoy your camping trip. I'm taking my girls camping next weekend but nothing too fancy. Just getting away for the weekend.

Have Fun.

smeighan
09-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks Sean. Like I try to say each post: Really do appreciate what you do. Playing around with it and "testing" is the only way I know to try and help.

Enjoy your camping trip. I'm taking my girls camping next weekend but nothing too fancy. Just getting away for the weekend.

Have Fun.

i just released new code that should have fixed the artifact you were seeing.