PDA

View Full Version : How to Color Correct Pixels or RGB strings

JHinkle
09-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Ever wonder why your Pixels or RGB colors don't look like your computer screen colors?

The intensity curves for the three LEDS that make up a pixel are not linear nor are the same for each LED.

Each of the LEDS (Red, Green, and Blue) needs to have their own dimming curve modified so that the proper mix of color (red, green, blue) come together to produce the wanted color.

I have updated HLS 6J to include the selection of an RGB dimming curve.

You create a dimming curve uniquely for the Red led, the Green led, and the Blue led. HLS then allows you to create an RGB dimming curve by identifying which three dimming curves are used.

Version 6J also allows you to associate a RGB dimming curve to a Pixel Plane - so now the Nutcracker colors will look correct.

In Manage Channels - you can highlight a block of channels and bulk assign a specific dimming curve thereby reducing mouse selections/clicks.

RGB Dimming Curve management is under the Library menu selection.

Enjoy.

Joe

budude
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Are you going to have multiple dimming curves? In Vixen 2.5, you could assign a different curve to each channel - this allowed for variances in different light/LED strings. I will have GECE, 2801, 1809 and TLS3001 string types so it would be good to match these as close as possible so that I don't get multiple versions of what should be the same color.

JHinkle
09-20-2012, 03:48 PM
You can have as many Dimming Curves as you like.

You can assign a curve to each single channel, RGB channel, or Pixel Plane.

Joe