PDA

View Full Version : Adding channels not working?

budude
09-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I must be doing something wrong... I had created my MegaTree channel layout previously in a much earlier version no problem - basically 8 universi of pixels. I then added 200 pixels of GE roof stuff and 72 GE icicle pixels to the channel list - no problem. I created a group called "Roof" for the 200 and "Ice" for the 72 - no problem. But - - when I click "Select Group To Work On" and choose either Roof or Ice - nothing happens - it still shows the original larger layout with the MegaTree channels.

Figuring perhaps it was just overlapping the others, I created an "All" group with every channel and selected that - but still nothing - only showing the original MT channels.

Any ideas?

angus40
09-08-2012, 04:45 PM
while your in " create work group " make sure all work boxes are checked and save changes .

also have you selected a bit map ?

save changes before exiting create work group also .

BrianJ
09-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I just double checked here for you and I have no issues with adding channels to one of my sequences, running 6E here

Maybe you have used up all the available universes. lol

angus40
09-08-2012, 07:13 PM
i bet there is no check marks in the work boxes beside those channels.

you can create a work group and save it without actually setting it to Work.

budude
09-08-2012, 09:52 PM
i bet there is no check marks in the work boxes beside those channels.

you can create a work group and save it without actually setting it to Work.

Yeah - that was it - I had just highlighted the channels and hit save but had the MegaTree "Work" checked from before so I effectively made 3 copies of MegaTree... Thanks for that - got 'er figured out now!

intwoit2002
09-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Has anyone had problems using reorder on Select Channels to Work On? I have been trying to reorder channels, Work is checked RGB is checked. I select Modify List and then do my reorder and then hit Save Changes, and when I open again no changes are there?? Using HLS V6E.

angus40
09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I just tested this and it works fine.

did you click the order button before you saved ?

also after you have saved it you need to re-select group to work on in order to see the channel order change.

intwoit2002
09-13-2012, 01:47 PM
You are right I was forgetting to click on reorder first before saving. Why does the number in the order column dissappear, it reorders the channels but by the order number missing makes it hard to correct a mistake? Any thoughts.

Thanks,
Al

angus40
09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
When do you mean it disappears ? after you click the order button ?

using the modify and re-ordering works well . just re open the work group and you will see your changes . if you goofed up just return to modify -channels to assign to a group and correct the issue .

all is good .

JHinkle
09-13-2012, 04:16 PM
I just loaded 6F

I added auto-select work group when you modify a work group.

That automates the second step - saving a couple mouse clicks and some confusion.

Joe

rfallatt
09-13-2012, 05:18 PM
John,
What all do I have to do when I get a new version?

1. Do I move all the files to the new folder "6F" such as
1.a "TempLibData.XML", "HLS_PlayFile.HwavMaster", "HLS_PlayFile.Hwav" ?
1.b files in the "Library" folder?
1.c If used "ExportFiles" and "DimmingCurves" folders?

Love the HLS icon (It's a bit big)

Now that I'm in the tool sequencing, I am understanding it more and more every minute I use it.

Thanks Ron

JHinkle
09-13-2012, 05:25 PM
I would not keep different versions.

Have a single folder called HLS.

As a new release comes out ... load the zip file into the HLS folder and unzip - replacing the EXE and DLL files.

Joe

p.s. ... Logo was too big - nice size now.

Materdaddy
09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Unfortunately the page isn't complete nor pretty, but upgrade instructions are on the wiki page I've been working on:
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=HLS#Upgrading

intwoit2002
09-13-2012, 07:30 PM
On my reply I meant that when you reorder, the channels get reordered, but the numbers that were assigned in the order colmun revert to 0. This is only a minor thing if you are in the process of reordering and you hit order accidently HLS doesn't give an obvious list of what you have or have not done. Not a big thing.

Thanks for your response Angus40 it was very helpful.

When I get away from HLS for a while I start to forget the little things, hate getting old.

Thanks all for the help.

angus40
09-13-2012, 07:46 PM
On my reply I meant that when you reorder, the channels get reordered, but the numbers that were assigned in the order colmun revert to 0. This is only a minor thing if you are in the process of reordering and you hit order accidently HLS doesn't give an obvious list of what you have or have not done. Not a big thing.

Thanks for your response Angus40 it was very helpful.

When I get away from HLS for a while I start to forget the little things, hate getting old.<<, I agree to this to say the least .

Thanks all for the help.

my vision has been struggling in the past few years and i guess my denial didn't help it any . I caved and went and got reading glasses , wow do I ever have a nice monitor ! lol

Cheers