PDA

View Full Version : Updating channels in multiple sequences

Materdaddy
09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Say we start sequencing in HLS and only set up 3/4 of our channels. We save the channel layout and preview to a library. Then we use that library to set up 10+ sequences using the channels/preview from this library. We get around to the rest of the channels and want to add the last 1/4 of our channels to the sequences. If we add them to the library, we cannot directly import them because all of the sequences are already set up with channels...

Would I have to update all 10+ sequences individually including the preview? Or is there some way to do this somewhat automatically to all 10+ sequences?

angus40
09-06-2012, 06:12 PM
lol. the button for that is right beside the auto sequence button .

JHinkle
09-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Materdaddy:

If I understand your question - That capability does not yet exist but will soon - I just knew someone was going to ask for it.

You can add channels any time using HLS - not an issue as it seems to be with other software packages.

What I think you are asking is ...

You have a sequence that you have saved your layout of.

You make 10 more sequences using that same layout.

You then get a terrific deal on some lights and want to add many more channels ...

You add the channels as Agnus states above --- you add preview vectors and you add work groups.

You save this NEW layout ... which includes all your new channels.

I think your question is .... or it should be .... now that I have an update layout --- can the extra stuff in this update layout be easily copied into the other 10 old sequences you have thereby bring them up to the latest and greatest lighting level ..... THAT should be the question you are asking ---- RIGHT????

I will modify the layout from library process as follows ...

If sequence has NO channels ... then the complete layout is used.

If the sequence already has channels ... as in the scenario stated above .... then only those channels that are not already in your sequence will be brought over .... thereby allowing you to upgrade any sequence any time additional channels are added.

That was you question? --- right???

Joe

Materdaddy
09-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Materdaddy:

If I understand your question - That capability does not yet exist but will soon - I just knew someone was going to ask for it.

You can add channels any time using HLS - not an issue as it seems to be with other software packages.

What I think you are asking is ...

You have a sequence that you have saved your layout of.

You make 10 more sequences using that same layout.

You then get a terrific deal on some lights and want to add many more channels ...

You add the channels as Agnus states above --- you add preview vectors and you add work groups.

You save this NEW layout ... which includes all your new channels.

I think your question is .... or it should be .... now that I have an update layout --- can the extra stuff in this update layout be easily copied into the other 10 old sequences you have thereby bring them up to the latest and greatest lighting level ..... THAT should be the question you are asking ---- RIGHT????

I will modify the layout from library process as follows ...

If sequence has NO channels ... then the complete layout is used.

If the sequence already has channels ... as in the scenario stated above .... then only those channels that are not already in your sequence will be brought over .... thereby allowing you to upgrade any sequence any time additional channels are added.

That was you question? --- right???

Joe

You hit the nail on the head. If this is something you're working on, that's perfect! Again, you come to the rescue!

JHinkle
09-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Version 6L implements the process I outlined above.

There is now only one Import Library.

HLS will detect if you already have channels in your sequence.

Layout import also imports the Dimming Curve file associated with the channel.

Enjoy.

Joe

Materdaddy
09-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Fantastic! Thanks Joe! You mention that it also imports dimming curve which only leaves me with one question. Does it import preview vectors?

JHinkle
09-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Fantastic! Thanks Joe! You mention that it also imports dimming curve which only leaves me with one question. Does it import preview vectors?

Yes - I thought that was a given!

Joe

Materdaddy
09-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes - I thought that was a given!

Joe

I just wanted to be sure! Thanks!