PDA

View Full Version : Copy and Paste Effects

emarti20
09-05-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm running HLS in a Window XP VM and am unable to copy/paste effects. I'm assuming this is due to the VM for some reason, but won't have a chance to verify for a couple weeks when I get my show machine up and running. I've read through the tutorial, and believe I'm doing it correctly, but have been unable to copy and paste any effects. Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v work fine in text boxes. Any one else running in a VM without issues?

Materdaddy
09-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Are you using the latest version? Before version 6B Ctrl+v was a vertical mirror modifier. It was moved to Ctrl+m and Ctrl+v was changed to paste.

I just tested this and it worked perfectly for me and I run in a Windows XP VM as well. Maybe you're setting a VM modifier key to the wrong "ctrl" button or something else, but HLS works as designed.

JHinkle
09-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Version 6E now adds copy, paste, vertical mirror, and horizontal mirror to the right mouse click menu.

Joe

emarti20
09-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys, I was on 6A and it was the Ctrl-V vs Ctrl-P issue. Worked as it was supposed to, and now working with the standard shortcuts with 6E as well. Thanks for a great product and the rapid response to the community. This will be my first year attempting any sequenced lights, and I'm going to go with HLS for the ease of handling RGB channels.