PDA

View Full Version : HLS - Vertical Color Chase

JHinkle
09-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I have replaced the MFC Color Picker (it was terrible) with my own version of a Color Picker.

I have also added a Vertical Color Chase capability for RGB channels.

For the selected effects the starting and ending colors are identified - HLS will then chase them from start to end.

Version 6C is available for download.

Joe

angus40
09-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Very nice Joe . could this be applied to version 5n as i am use to the keyboard format as is .

BrianJ
09-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Sounds great Joe. Thanks a ton for this. Downloading now :)

Edit. This is exactly what I was looking for :D Any chance you can do the vertical thing with intensity ramps as well, and maybe adding then to the over control so that I can have everything :)

Thanks again

n_gifford
09-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Very nice! This will do wonders for many effects! :)

Thank you Joe!

kingofkya
09-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Wow provides a really nice effect. With my dumb rgb led strips.

rfallatt
09-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I have replaced the MFC Color Picker (it was terrible) with my own version of a Color Picker.
Joe,
Couple questions
The color picker is now a slider?
A user will now need to memorize or note 3 different values to replicate a color?
What does the Test color do?

JHinkle
09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
As you move the sliders, The resultant color is shown.

If you input a RGB value directly - you click the "Test Color" to see the result.

Unfortunately there is no way to automatically show the resultant color when inputting numeric data - hence the calculate button.

Joe

rfallatt
09-04-2012, 10:00 PM
As you move the sliders, The resultant color is shown.

If you input a RGB value directly - you click the "Test Color" to see the result.

Unfortunately there is no way to automatically show the resultant color when inputting numeric data - hence the calculate button.

Joe
Would it be possible or even of value to have a "recent colors used" option or "historic colors" for the sequence so that users can easily and quickly select similar to the red blue green white?

angus40
09-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Would it be possible or even of value to have a "recent colors used" option or "historic colors" for the sequence so that users can easily and quickly select similar to the red blue green white?

like a pallet or spectrum such as Sean's nutcracker ?

n_gifford
09-04-2012, 11:44 PM
like a pallet or spectrum such as Sean's nutcracker ?

I think something like the spectrum in Nutcracker would be helpful. It's not entirely necessary, but I think it's a time saver not having to play with 3 sliders to choose a color. I'm also lazy....... :)

JHinkle
09-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Version 6E added the MFC Color Picker as part of mine - so now you have the best of both worlds.

Joe

n_gifford
09-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Sweet! Thank you Joe!

rfallatt
09-05-2012, 11:06 AM
You the man!