PDA

View Full Version : Unknown E1.31 Error

Materdaddy
08-31-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm setting up some tests and tinkering with HLS to get a feel for things as I go through the training videos and I'm receiving an error when I try enabling output. The error window has no title and the window contents say "Erro 10049 SetActive - Mcast". I have previously had E1.31 output work successfully.

Here's a quick shot of some test channels I set up:
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac127/materdaddy/diyc/diyc%20-%20posts/HLS_E131-1.jpg

This is the output method and setup screen:
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac127/materdaddy/diyc/diyc%20-%20posts/HLS_E131-2.jpg

This is the error I get immediately when I click the "OutPut Sequence" check box.
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac127/materdaddy/diyc/diyc%20-%20posts/HLS_E131-3.jpg

I have tried restarting HLS, reloading my sequence, etc. Note that I have done all sorts of strange things with this sequence and converting channels, so maybe the problem lies somewhere in a corrupt version of this file, but I'm not sure.

I just tried again after a reboot and received "Error 104 SetActive - Mcast". This is also after having gone to "Select Specific NIC" to ensure that setting is correct. Is there any way this error message can be more descriptive? Other things I should try or check? This is a Windows VM that I haven't made any networking changes to, only playing with HLS.

jess_her
08-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Hello,
I take it your working with Pixels. The next question is are you using Rj etherdongle or??

Materdaddy
08-31-2012, 03:17 AM
Hello,
I take it your working with Pixels. The next question is are you using Rj etherdongle or??

For now I am just testing. I have an RPM E1.31->DMX dongle and E681 mounted in the garage that I will use, but for now, it doesn't actually matter since I just need HLS to spit out E1.31.

jess_her
08-31-2012, 03:24 AM
One thing I do see is your RGB channels in Manage channels/ channel manager and output /select output method and compile show donít match . Back at Manage channels /manage raw channel you need to click on renumber channels for output.
You donít use Multiple DMX Group in Manage Channels? Channel manager for E68X stuff. That was only set up for RJís EtherDongle.

not sure what direction you should go but its all in the Channel manager I know

jess_her
08-31-2012, 03:30 AM
I think I see it now
Manage Channels/ Manage Raw channels click on add a pixel plane. add your pixel count. renumber your universe to 1 or ?
Then click on renumber all channels for output
I think that will get you there.

jess_her
08-31-2012, 03:40 AM
I beleave it should look like this

This is for a pixel plane only.

Materdaddy
08-31-2012, 03:48 AM
Well, I think in all my channel conversions I corrupted the file I was using. I started over and E1.31 is now working. I can reproduce the error with the corrupt file, so I will send it to Joe to see if it gives him a clue as to what happened.

angus40
08-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Did You not click the renumber channels for output >> in manage raw channels. ?

Also check that the e681 and rpm's url config is not in contention with hls .

Materdaddy
08-31-2012, 05:15 PM
I beleave it should look like this

This is for a pixel plane only.

I'm not using a pixel plane, so my channels are pretty much the same with the exception of the universe 0/channel 0 "master" channel for pixel plane data. I don't believe this is the issue. I still think my problem has to do with some sort of corruption of the .hls file and all the crazy conversions I did with channels when I was following along with the "howto" videos. I likely screwed something up and send Joe a PM with the .hls file.

Did You not click the renumber channels for output >> in manage raw channels. ?

I had previously hit this, which is why I showed the channel output. To show that I ruled this out, I included the channel screenshot. Note that each RGB channel is 3 channels in size for output numbering.

Also check that the e681 and rpm's url config is not in contention with hls .

This shouldn't matter to HLS. The only effect I would have by having both E681/RPM dongle configured to the same universes would be that they would both respond to the nutcracker sequence data.

angus40
08-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Also check that the e681 and rpm's url config is not in contention with hls . <<<<< this seems to have a big effect on hls for some reason .

example.

if you have the config url open and hls open at the same time i have experienced some issues here and ended up doing a quit 10 on the e68* or rpm's e1.31 . and closing and re-opening hls before things would work correctly .

I have since configured my e681's and my rpm e1.31 to static ip's and disabled the config . this fixes any contention issues .

Now i just need to connect and test them with a switch and see if they all play accordingly .

JHinkle
09-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Materdaddy:

Error 10049 [10049] Can't assign requested address.

The error occurs activating the socket after identifying the IP address to transmit to - which is based on Universe Number.

I have modified HLS to present the IP address as part of the error message in the future.

I doubt the issue is with HLS file - thanks for making it available - it does show an issue.

Can you retry your file you refer to as being corrupted with version 5B - then we will get the IP address that is causing the issue.

Thanks.

Joe

Materdaddy
09-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I see "Error 10049 SetActive - Mcast - IP 239.255.0.1" which is the multicast IP it should send E1.31 data too. Did you mean to put the IP address of the network card I selected?
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac127/materdaddy/diyc/diyc%20-%20posts/HLS_E131-new.jpg

JHinkle
09-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I see "Error 10049 SetActive - Mcast - IP 239.255.0.1" which is the multicast IP it should send E1.31 data too. Did you mean to put the IP address of the network card I selected?
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac127/materdaddy/diyc/diyc%20-%20posts/HLS_E131-new.jpg

Did you mean to put the IP address of the network card I selected?

That is the MCast IP address the packet is being sent to .... what do you mean the Network card you selected?

I give you the ability of selecting a network card to send from ... it should not be 239.255.xx.xx

Joe

angus40
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
watch this video on hls output setup may help .

https://vimeo.com/45415579

JHinkle
09-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Did you mean to put the IP address of the network card I selected?

That is the MCast IP address the packet is being sent to .... what do you mean the Network card you selected?

I give you the ability of selecting a network card to send from ... it should not be 239.255.xx.xx

Joe

If you have only 1 NIC card - HLS will automatically use it - you need to do nothing.

If you have more than 1 NIC card - then you need to select which card HLS is to transmit the E131 packets through.

At no time should you be creating or inputting the E131 destination address. That is automatically determined by the Universe number of the packet.

Joe

Materdaddy
09-01-2012, 09:07 PM
watch this video on hls output setup may help .

https://vimeo.com/45415579

I know how to setup the output. Most of my sequences successfully output E1.31, just this one I've been doing a lot of testing of channel conversions that is giving the error.

If you have only 1 NIC card - HLS will automatically use it - you need to do nothing.

If you have more than 1 NIC card - then you need to select which card HLS is to transmit the E131 packets through.

I didn't know it auto-selects with only one, good to know.

At no time should you be creating or inputting the E131 destination address. That is automatically determined by the Universe number of the packet.

The NIC itself has a 192.168.X.X address which shows correctly in the "Select Specific NIC" screen, even though there's only 1.

The 239.255.X.X is the address shown in the error dialog, which, as you've stated, should be the destination address. I'm confused.

JHinkle
09-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Please zip the HLS file, the associated DAT file and the associated PCM file.

Can you place that zip somewhere I can get it.

If so, I will debug it and see what I get.

Joe

JHinkle
09-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Below are the error codes associated with E131 transmission:

Please note: The error codes are composed og three images -- first two are large - last one small.

Joe

JHinkle
09-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I've updated to 6D.

I added the local NIC to the MCast error message you are getting.

It may be that the Window's NIC you are selecting, does not support MCast operations.

At least with the 6D update, the error message will return the local NIC and the requested IP based on Universe.

Let me know how things are going.

Joe

Materdaddy
09-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Running 6D I get this:

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac127/materdaddy/diyc/diyc%20-%20posts/HLS_E131-6D-Solved.jpg

Having the local IP told me what the problem was... HLS doesn't update the sequence if the network card changes. That error message shows a 10.0.X.X address which was when I first set up my VM and the network interface defaulted to a NAT'd address. I have since changed it to a bridge adapter which has a 192.168.X.X address. I hadn't gone though "Select Specific NIC" appropriately (although I swear I tried that a dozen times) since this sequence was created before changing the VM setup. That's the reason it was only this sequence, all others were created after the change to the VM. So, it looks like HLS doesn't auto-select the NIC each time it runs, it auto-selects when the sequence is created. Thanks Joe for helping me track this down!