PDA

View Full Version : got a few bugs to report

boarder3
08-25-2012, 09:53 PM
once i add an effect and use button or side slider the button moves but does nothing on screen unless i hit the mouse scroll button. Also the intervals keep disappearing after an effect. Im using version 5y and if i add an effect across 60 channel i click on change rgb color of 1 or more channels and it doesnt work?

JHinkle
08-25-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't believe its a bug.

I think your not using the tool properly.

Lots of users have designed many sequences already.

Please see Agnus' training videos.

If you truly find a bug - explain it fully and I will address it - but I think you are not using the tool correctly.

Thanks.

Joe

Link to Agnus' training videos: http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?20788-Hls-Training-Video-links-n-here

boarder3
08-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Its weird if i use the side slider it shows the sequencer moving properly but if i use bottom slider it moves only the music not intervals. Is that normal?

boarder3
08-25-2012, 11:11 PM
i posted a video of missing channels on side.
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cljOe6sg5

angus40
08-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Its weird if i use the side slider it shows the sequencer moving properly but if i use bottom slider it moves only the music not intervals. Is that normal?

make sure output is unchecked .

boarder3
08-25-2012, 11:21 PM
it was unchecked you can see that in video but im really trying to test output to make sure my pixels dont have any voltage drop.

angus40
08-25-2012, 11:23 PM
the channels that you have chasing on the grid look like single -non rgb or dmx specific

Brian j was having a similar issue . i have not updated hls from version 5n

When Joe started to implement Rj's equipment i halted updating until others beta test it .

I do not have any of rj's gear so i feared losing my work .

Please revert to version 5N

http://db.tt/yDG0r3j3

boarder3
08-26-2012, 09:52 AM
I went back to 5n and it still doesnt let me go right or left take a look at video i made i can go up up and down only.
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cljOIKskZ

JHinkle
08-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Boarder3:

Need you to check on a couple of things.

Go into Manage Channels.

Make sure you actually have names associated with those channels. If they are gone - that would explain your issue.

Next - see what color you have assigned to those channels. I make white show as black - but if you selected an off-white - it may be blending into the background color.

Lastly - open the HLS file using notepad. Make sure you don't save from notepad as it might try to reformat things.

Scroll down to the channel information and look at the color and name for one of the affected channels. - See example below.

Your video helped explain what you were seeing - I had no idea from the previous posts.

Thanks for the video.

You should always run the latest version of HLS. Even if it appears I am focusing on an capability you don't care about - I also fix/add to those you may.

So - please run 5Y and report back on your finding and my answeres to the questions above.

Thanks.

Joe

boarder3
08-26-2012, 10:47 AM
I did just realize something and tell me if i was doing it wrong when i have output sequence checked thats when i cant scroll the bottom, Is that normal?? Once i uncheck it works again.

JHinkle
08-26-2012, 11:05 AM
When you are asking to output data - I prevent any activity that would distract or degrade performance.

So -- you check OUTPUT -- many of the Sequencer's Editor capabilities are disabled to preserve performance.

That's the long answer - short answer - YES - normal.

Hope that helps.

Joe

boarder3
08-26-2012, 11:59 AM
ok great right now im just testing pixel string i went from 50 pixels per string to 60. I want to make sure theres no voltage loss so my plan works out. But the software keeps crashing. When i use alt and select an effect to change color if you want ill make you a video of it.

JHinkle
08-26-2012, 12:10 PM
ok great right now im just testing pixel string i went from 50 pixels per string to 60. I want to make sure theres no voltage loss so my plan works out. But the software keeps crashing. When i use alt and select an effect to change color if you want ill make you a video of it.

I'm not aware of any command that takes the ALT key.

You may be getting behavior not designed in because it not being used properly.

What ALT key sequence are you using and what are you attempting to do?

Are you aware there is a TEST BED capability - look under "Output".

Every channel is made available to control color and intensity. There is no need to try to do testing in the sequence editor.

Joe

boarder3
08-26-2012, 12:31 PM
ive been watching videos and i thought it said to use alt key to select a whole effect of multiple channels to change to a different color. It was only changing a single channel instead of the whole effect. I should of stayed practicing this software from the beginning now im learning it all over again. Again sorry for all the dumb questions but once i get the hng of this again i will help out with other peoples dumb questions.

angus40
08-26-2012, 03:07 PM
the keyboard command key set is on the hls taskbar . if your trying to create a selection box by starting on a time tic that has sequence data

hold the ctrl key first, while starting to draw the box .

Cheers