PDA

View Full Version : Unique Monster Quartet

jem5136
08-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Hey guys, I am adding the monster quartet to my Halloween display this year, and I was thinking about it s little bit and decided that I want it to be unique. So, for example, instead of the regular monsters for the quartet, instead I use a witch head, a freakenstin head, ghost head, and then a normal monster head?
I don't know if patterns are available, but I am making my own heads, and I don't know if anyone else has done this before, but what do you guys think? And how would you design each head? I'm not a very good artist so feel free to post any sketches that you might have drawn or whatever.
Also, if anyone has done a quartet with different heads, other than the pumpkin head, let me know because I don't want to steal your idea.

Xenia
08-25-2012, 12:19 AM
I just did these and posted several days ago.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?21439-My-Halloween-Quartet

jem5136
08-25-2012, 10:39 AM
I just did these and posted several days ago.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?21439-My-Halloween-Quartet

I thought I had seen something like this before, and this is what I was wanting to do. I saw in your post that you got the shapes from clip art? I have thought about making a Frankenstein, a Witch, a Count Dracula, and maybe a pumpkin of some kind (every time I think about what I want, my mind changes lol)

So did you just use the clip art as a template and then draw the mouths on?

Xenia
08-25-2012, 12:28 PM
I started with the clipart, edited them to my liking and then added mouths that I though fit. The clipart was then projected on coroplast and traced by hand. I used an old soldering iron tip to make the holes which I just eyeballed making sure there was symmetry with the eyes ears ect. below are the original gifs followed by my end product. I then made additional changes once they lighted. On frank I moved the electrodes down to the bottom of his face ect.. I did pay a royalty ($1.00) for the pumpkin gif. By the way the short black detail lines below the mouth didn't look right so I removed them.

150551505615057 15058

Xenia
08-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Here is the last one.

15059 15060