PDA

View Full Version : HLS Display Preview (am I blind)

kingofkya
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Ok is there a updated video tutorial anywhere for how to use the preview, too add a new vector/element. Here is what i was trying.

Click Preview --> display preview

Then use arrow keys to select a channle.

then draw a line. (but every time a add a second vector the line before is removed.)

So what am i missing.

Lionking_Tx
08-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the club - I had the same problem and Joe was great helping me.

Turns out that you do have to load an Image - after I loaded an Image, all my "artwork" of lines which I never saw suddenly appeared.

kingofkya
08-24-2012, 12:51 AM
I also tried that but they seam to still disappear. Trying to draw a rgb channel if that matters.

angus40
08-24-2012, 02:36 AM
" remove plz"

angus40
08-24-2012, 02:37 AM
you cannot use the same channel /universe in 2 previews period. change the channel/ universe for the next bitmap preview.

JHinkle
08-24-2012, 07:32 AM
I suspect - the vector drawn was on an image - but not the image when the first vector for that channel was assigned.

I give you 10 images - but as stated in other posts, Channels can only be assigned to a single image.

The vector is drawn on the screen but not saved because the image iwas incorrect. The second vector refreshes the screen - thereby removing the first vector.

If you need to change the image associated with a channel - delete all vectors from the channel - it then becomes available to be assigned when the first vector for that channel is drawn.

I'll look into performing a refresh of the screen even is not saving the vector as feedback that is was not saved - instead of waiting for you to draw the next vector.

Joe

JHinkle
08-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Click Preview --> display preview

Then use arrow keys to select a channle.

Mouse wheel works also in selecting channel for preview.

Joe

kingofkya
08-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks, it started working not sure what i was doing might have been half asleep.:)

I am still amassed how far hls has gone.(hls is the resson i am doing RGB strips):)

JHinkle
08-29-2012, 01:48 PM
I just updated to 5Z.

When I made 10 preview images available, I missed the condition of drawing with NO image.

5Z addresses that.

Joe