PDA

View Full Version : DCSSR's from wlcventure

sjswanner
08-03-2012, 09:51 PM
I recieved dcssr's from wlcventure's this week and hopefully will get them put together this week. Everything is pretty much self explanatory, except for the capacitors. There are 16 capacitors for 4 boards, not sure where they go! I have looked in the Wiki for this board and searched other places. I am not able to come up with a good assembly diagram or picture to guess with, any help would be appreciated. This is my first year and I have been quitely reading and studying in the background and plan to go big first time out.14777

mikentn
08-03-2012, 11:05 PM
That looks like one of wjohn's DCSSR's. Here's the WIKI entry for it.

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=4_Channel_DCSSR_Assembly_Instructi ons

For future reference, capacitors are usually labeled with a "C#" on a pcb silkscreen, with # being the component number i.e. C1, C2, C3. I only see two capacitors on your board, C1 and C2. Don't know why you got 16 capacitors for 4 boards. Extras???

Good luck!

edit: from the schematic, it looks like C1 and C2 are both 0.1 uF, so that makes it even easier. Check the traces on the board to see which two of the three holes you need to use, and you should be good to go.

LabRat
08-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Yep... looks like it should be two per board, one on each side of the voltage regulator (C1 &C2). I think you have some nice spares available.

sjswanner
08-04-2012, 07:23 AM
I do see the C1 and C2 markings on the board. They both have three holes. Which holes should the leads for the capacitors go in?

LabRat
08-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Flip the board over, and look at the bottom. You should see that two of the holes are actually connected together.
You want the capacitor to span the gap between the OTHER hole, and one of these two. (A dual footprint is typical when trying to accomodate different size capacitors). From the top, I would guess you want one leg into the hole closes to the edge (the one solder mask has that one separate from the other two).

sjswanner
08-04-2012, 08:46 AM
I do see how they are to be installed now. The extra capacitors and holes were throwing me for a loop.
Thanks!

Daryl1
08-04-2012, 10:51 AM
14794I ordered the same ones from Chris. He had put the kits together for lots of 8, when you ordered 4 the count on caps was wrong. I let him Know already, but all you need in one in both C1 and C2 and your good to go. Heres a picture of one assembled and tested already. Hope this Helps

g2ktcf
08-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks everyone for filling in while we are on Vacation1. All the info posted here appears to be right on the money!

Thanks
Chris