PDA

View Full Version : RDS - How To

JHinkle
08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I don't use this - so I have not tested it.

When you do use it - please reply back.

When you create your output file - there is an edit box that allows you to place your RDS information. This information is saved as part of your sequence.

When you create a PlayList - there is a button on the bottom of the dialog to identify the folder to place your RDS.txt folder in.

When you play a PlayList - HLS will replace the contents of the RDS.txt file with your Sequence RDS info for each sequence played.

Hope that helps.

Joe

jess_her
08-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Joe
Did you intend for the RDS info to be injected on the wave file at the PC or inject it at the FM transmitter?
Jess

JHinkle
08-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Joe
Did you intend for the RDS info to be injected on the wave file at the PC or inject it at the FM transmitter?
Jess

The people I spoke to that used RDS and pushed me to incorporate it - used a feature from the RDS unit that accepted a file containing a text string that was injected it into the transmitter.

Nothing I do with RDS has anything to do with WAV audio.

Joe

intwoit2002
08-13-2012, 04:19 PM
What RDS modulator is capable of extracting the data from the wav file. That being said is there a device that would do the same for MP3 files. We are doing blinky flashy at least I am not trying to be a radio station. I have been using RDS for 2 years now and works fine, what am I missing?

Al

kingofkya
08-13-2012, 10:56 PM
You probably could put it in the wav file but it would only work with mono transmitter. The stereo ones thatmost users have require a hack on the transmitter to add the rds info to combined stereo feed.