PDA

View Full Version : Only 4 Month To GO!

hasoon
07-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Just in case you need reminded!

WOW, July creeped up fast. I have my layout done, 1 Renard 24 built and working, 2 more 3/4 of the way done, (only need 2 for Halloween), One 10 channel singing skull 25% complete, One 2 channel singing pumpkin 3/4 done (One not started), 1 sequence done, 4 more started.

Since 2012 will be my first year with Blinky Flashy Christmas lights I thought I would start on Halloween as a trial run. Back in January I thought I would be done with Halloween by now and ready to move on to Christmas :(

I just woke up this morning and realized the year is half over and Beggars night is less than 4 months away! Thought I would pass that info along. LOL Now out to the garage to paint my Skull.

Xenia
07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
When I started this hobby two weeks before last Christmas, who knew July 4th would be a catch up day for Christmas Lights! :) :) Back to wrapping arches.

JackFrost
07-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Ha ha ... yeah.. before you know it , it'll be 2013 !
So , that 10 channel skull , is that servo controlled or just lights ? And the pumpkin ?
Any chance of a preview of the sequence you have done ? Or at least what song you sequenced to ?
Where you located ?

I used to do Halloween using LOTS of Bimba's (air cylinders ) and low geared high torque motors . ( a few pics below )

hasoon
07-04-2012, 11:57 AM
The Skull and Pumpkins are all lights, no servos or motors (at least not for a couple years)

What inspired doing Halloween this year is we went to a Halloween camp-out last year at Hueston Woods in Oxford Ohio, had an awesome time, and decided to make it an annual event for the family. Most people who go there go all out decorating their camp sites. So after buying these Christmas light controllers the light bulb went off (pun intended). The camp out is late September so I am planning a 24 channel show there (10 Skull, 2X2 Pumpkins, 8 plastic pumkins or Milk jug ghosts, a lightning spot light, and a grave stone). Then I will bring all of the props home and add another 8-24 more channels of just lights to the house. I am not counting on winning any prizes, but no one else had blinky/flashy so I will be unique.

Sequences =
99% finished "The Vampire Song" by Concrete Blonde
75% finished "The Montster Mash"
60% "Ghostbusters", 40% "Thriller", and probably on hold for 2013 15% "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Metallica

I can post a preview, but Im not sure the best way.

I'm in Tipp City Ohio, a northern suburb of Dayton.

chadowamsley
07-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Goes by quick that is for sure. I started at the beginning of December and still working.