PDA

View Full Version : HLS - Remote Testing via your Phone

JHinkle
06-26-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm posting this question to see what kind of interest it draws.

I've seen threads where people are interested in remotely controlling their lights for testing purposes.

Would you use the capability to use your phone or pad (while you're in the yard) to bring up a web page that would allow you to turn off and on lights?

I could see this being a benefit during assembly of your show.

If I get a good number of people that are interested - I will make that capability available when I release the HLS web site later this summer.

Joe

lightman
06-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Yes... I would be interested in that capability for just what you said.... testing show lights while walking around the yard.

Thanks for considering this Joe...

Regards,
Lightman

intwoit2002
06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes, I currently use a remote login on a laptop, but the phone, pad would be better. I am ready.
Thanks,
Al

tjetzer
06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Joe,

I remote into my show PC using my tablet. This has been very handy in testing my show. I think giving your users an option for this would be fantastic!

mikeh65
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I would recommend an app I found called "Splashtop" http://www.splashtop.com/remote . It is a remote streaming connection to any computer you load their remote desktop software on. It is a full function stream of that computer. I can connect to any of my computers through my smartphone from anywhere over the cell network and can connect to any of my computer through my tablet as long as I am on the same network. The tablet is WiFi only. The app is between $5 and $10 depending on on what you buy, I use the phone app on both my phone and tablet. Works great, plan on using it for testing of the Christmas setup.

rfallatt
06-26-2012, 06:34 PM
I would think this is a great idea. I am very interested in doing it. Let us know when its a option. your awesome!

smeighan
06-26-2012, 08:02 PM
I would recommend an app I found called "Splashtop" http://www.splashtop.com/remote . It is a remote streaming connection to any computer you load their remote desktop software on. It is a full function stream of that computer. I can connect to any of my computers through my smartphone from anywhere over the cell network and can connect to any of my computer through my tablet as long as I am on the same network. The tablet is WiFi only. The app is between $5 and $10 depending on on what you buy, I use the phone app on both my phone and tablet. Works great, plan on using it for testing of the Christmas setup.

Splash top on my iPad is perfect for me controlling my computer remotely. Thanks for the tip!

It costs $4

kingofkya
06-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah sure as hell would beat the RDP session i normally run from my tablet to my show pc.

Also if you did this in app form it would be great to have a notepad built in so you could start typing notes about the show with time marker so you would start typing "Seg4a missing a beat" and client would add "@ 1:20" Probably would be over kill.

LightUpMA
07-17-2012, 05:30 PM
I would use it!