PDA

View Full Version : need help with gerber

jonas
06-22-2012, 05:58 AM
Dear members

I am new to PCB design and Gerber file. I want to buy PCB for blinking advertisement board and Christmas light from some companies, but they want to have Gerber file to make it for me. need some one to send me Gerber files that he/she have used for his/hers personal Christmas lights or blinking advertisement board.

thanks

LabRat
06-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Hello Jonas,

Welcome to DIYC. I think you would be best suited to starting in the WIKI pages to learn more about
what boards are used (and where to get them). You appear to have jumped directly to the "manufacturer",
without having a clear design in mind.

Try this link... enjoy the reading. After a couple of days I think you will find the answers to most of your
questions.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php

jonas
06-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Helo Labrat,
Thank you for the advice. But believe me i know what this forum is about. That is why i registered. Right now what i need is a simple Gereber for PCB, that will make three groups of LEDs to blink one after another. I believe most of you have it in your file, that is why you are exchanging ideas for more complex outcome. One day i will join in the discusion. But for now i need that Gerber file.
Thanks

LabRat
06-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Hmmm.. I have to say that I'm not sure that you are where you need to be in understanding (yet).

A gerber is a file format that contains the layout of PCB design. Your first posting asked for this file, without having defined what it is that your circuit is supposed to do.

You haven not indicated what type of power you are using (DC, AC, 120v, 240v, or perhaps even solar). No sign of what type of controller, types of LEDs, size of the board, etc etc. There is no way for anyone (well.. perhaps Shawn Spencer) would be able to answer your posting.

Now.. if you take a look in the WIKI that I pointed to. You will find descriptions of many of the boards that are typically available. You will find CONTACT information for people who would sell you those boards. You will also find mention of the LIBRARY section of this forum. Inside that LIBRARY section is "PCB FORUM" sub-directory listing which contains, amongst other things, GERBER FILES for some of these very same boards. (These could very well be the exact files that you are looking for).

Hope you find what you are after.

n1ist
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
It's unlikely that someone will just "happen" to have set of Gerbers that will match your application, but there may be a design that comes close. Please give some more info about what you are trying to do, and we may be able to point you in the right direction.

- You want to chase 3 groups of LEDs. What's a "group"? (how many LEDs, what type, how are they wired)
- What speed? Does it need to be adjustable? Any special triggers or just runs when power is applied?
- What source of power? AC, batteries (how many, what voltage/current)?
- Is this for a small number of units for your own use or are you planning to resell them? If reselling, any certifications needed?
- Do you have any microcontroller (PIC, AVR, Arduino) experience?
- Any particular housing? Connection to the LEDs?
- Can you handle SMT? Prefer thru-hole?
- You keep asking for Gerbers; obviously that's not enough to build it.

As you see, there's a lot more that goes into a design like this than just "give me Gerbers".

/mike

Wayne J
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
I want to say, I would feel leery about this situation. :hmm:

dirknerkle
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
There are plenty of circuits that are in the public domain and available on the Internet that will blink three LEDs in sequence. You would do well to do your own homework and your own research, as well as learn a bit more about electronics before making such a request.