PDA

View Full Version : Beat Track

jpb
06-14-2012, 02:27 AM
I can not work out what the "Beat Track Active" check box does. In the training video the box looks like it is called "Mark Active" and is associated with the "play from mark function".

Also, I can select a Beat Track Channel in the Manage Channels menu but I can't work out what to do next. This is probably my Vixen brain clouding my vision. By declaring a Beat Track I think I am expecting that channel to always appear on screen and even to appear in channel groups that I have not declared it a member of. I have tried this with the "Beat Track Active" check box checked and unchecked but I can't see a difference.

Thanks for your help and it looking like a great app.

Jon

JHinkle
06-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Beat Track Process allows you to drop a level effect into you sequence, while the song is playing, by you clicking the left mouse button or the CTRL key on the keyboard.

1. A Beat Track must be a single color channel (no RGB).

2. It must be viewable - so it must be a member of the current Display Group (group of channels displayed on the editor screen).

3. You must tell me which channel to treat as the Beat Track - this is accomplished from the Menu as noted in your post.

4. You must tell HLS to drop these effect when requested - this is where the check box comes into play - think of it as a switch. NO Check means ignore/do not drop an effect during PLAY when mouse or CTRL is clicked ... Checked - drop them.

I suggest engaging the low pass DSP filter when performing Beat Track acquisition. Our brains like multiple inputs to process. With proper low pass filter settings - you will see the "BEAT" in the music as well as hear it ... makes accurate acquisition easy.

Hope that helps.

Joe

jpb
06-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks Joe, got it working.