PDA

View Full Version : Creating more sequences

jpb
06-12-2012, 12:43 AM
After creating my first sequence/song with HLS, is there a way that I can utilise my channel and group configurations for my next song or do I have to start from scratch.

I have done it my making a copy of all the files and renaming them and changing the WAV file but I am not sure if there is a less dodgy way of doing it.

Jon

JHinkle
06-12-2012, 03:10 AM
After creating my first sequence/song with HLS, is there a way that I can utilise my channel and group configurations for my next song or do I have to start from scratch.

I have done it my making a copy of all the files and renaming them and changing the WAV file but I am not sure if there is a less dodgy way of doing it.

Jon.

Jon:

YES - it's saved and recovered from a Library.

Check my videos on YouTube - I show you how to do that. --- Look for Library.

You can save an HLS Layout or a Vixen Profile and reuse it time and time again. If you converted a Vixen file and then converted RGB channels - the RGB conversion can be saved there also.

I will be releasing HLS on my own website in the next 4 to 6 weeks. I just have to pull things from one provider and put them on my dedicated server.

Once I accomplish that - you will be able to go to joehinkle.com and have access to the latest release and easy access to all of my training videos.

HLS will become visible outside of DIY at that time.

Step through this thread and you will find it. http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?19568-HLS-Sequencer-Beta-Free-to-use

Thanks for giving it a try.

Joe

boarder3
06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
joe ive havent used your software since the beginning and see you made alot of changes. Last year i used vixen i think 2.5 and had 3500 rgb channels and 280 renard. With the new upgrades will hls covert my sequenced rgb channels and make them 1 instead of 3.

JHinkle
06-12-2012, 06:25 PM
joe ive havent used your software since the beginning and see you made alot of changes. Last year i used vixen i think 2.5 and had 3500 rgb channels and 280 renard. With the new upgrades will hls covert my sequenced rgb channels and make them 1 instead of 3.

There are two steps involved:

1. Convert from Vixen - using either a flat file or a profile. The result will be the same number of channels.

2. Perform an RGB Conversion. Here you tell me which channels to group together to make a single RGB channel. Detailed process - but I provide provisions so you only have to do it once. Save the conversion profile.

Once that is accomplished for your first Vixen file - the remaining will go quickly as long as you maintained the same Channel Names from Vixen sequence to sequence.

If you were using Vixen to display a multitude of pixels - you might then consider taking the converted RGB channels and further reducing them into a pixel plane.

HLS is designed to handle 75 universes or 30,000 channels - which ever comes first. Both can grow more - but that's the wall for now.

Angus40 did an acid test - here sequenced 50 to 60 (can't remember exact count) universes with almost a full 500 channels per universe. Transmission was E131. Ran for hours in a show - standard home computer with 2 or 4 gig of memory.

I got many 5 to 10 minute videos covering all of these topics. They're scattered throughout the forum - or do a YouTube search. In 4 to 6 weeks - HLS will have a web site to centralize all of these things.

HLS was designed with speed and resource management in mind.

Give it a try - I'm sure you'll like it.

Joe

jpb
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks Joe, I knew there would be a proper way, just couldn't work it out.

As someone who works in a tech support area I hated asking the question as I was sure it was documented somewhere but I couldn't find it. I will rewatch all the videos.

Jon