PDA

View Full Version : Desktop full HLS Icons

ted19020
06-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi Joe:I have a problem, Where am I going wrong? have I neglected to do something,? every time I save a sequence another batch of HLS icons appear. Is this normal? I hope not because I really am enjoying building the sequences, can I place these files in folders in order to make some room on my desktop. Any helpful advice will be greatly apprecceated.
Thanks Ted19020

kingofkya
06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I would upload a screen shot that might be a bit vague

angus40
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
It sounds like you have installed Hls on your desktop , if so you might want to create a folder ,name it hls and locate it like this c:\ Hls .

install a fresh copy of hls in this new folder then cut and paste the files hls has created on your desktop to this new folder that you created at c:\Hls

budude
06-11-2012, 11:42 PM
I think Joe's instructions clearly say do not install on desktop - you may have found the reason why!

JHinkle
06-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Hi Joe:I have a problem, Where am I going wrong? have I neglected to do something,? every time I save a sequence another batch of HLS icons appear. Is this normal? I hope not because I really am enjoying building the sequences, can I place these files in folders in order to make some room on my desktop. Any helpful advice will be greatly apprecceated.
Thanks Ted19020

The DeskTop is meant to hold shortcuts to programs - not the actual program and their associated files.

I always suggest you create a folder ... like C:HLS --- and place the downloads there.

I also suggest you place each sequence in its own folder. As an example - you have Seq1 and Seq2.

Seq1 is located at C:\HLS\Seq1 and Seq2 is located in folder C:\HLS\Seq2. That way you don't mix up all of the files and have one big messy folder (or desktop).

I'm very pleased you are enjoying HLS.

Joe

ted19020
06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Thank you one and all for getting me back on track. I admit that I will skim through instructions and then proceed full speed ahead, and then when I get in over my head, I still try to figure it out. This time I failed and asked for help that was fast in coming and accurate. My desk top is back to normal. Thanks again
Ted19020 73 years old and still on the up side of the learning curve.