PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling text for Vixen

smeighan
06-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Ok, scrolling text, part 2.

I rewrote a big chunk of the code for making Vixen vir and vix files. Someone please give it a try
Try putting one extra space at the end of your text lines if the last character gets clipped.

thanks

PS. I think the original thread about scrolling text was moved over to the HLS forum.
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?20675-Nutcracker-bug-fix-scrolling-text
no big deal.

klyneshouse
06-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Seems to be huge improvement. :wow:
Tried with and without a space, seems to be same either way.

Only thing I can see now is rotation, model preview (sometimes) scrolls right to left, while impoting into vixen, always yeilds left to right.
Will tinker more tonight to see if simple flipping inside vixen can correct that.

smeighan
06-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Seems to be huge improvement. :wow:
Tried with and without a space, seems to be same either way.

Only thing I can see now is rotation, model preview (sometimes) scrolls right to left, while impoting into vixen, always yeilds left to right.
Will tinker more tonight to see if simple flipping inside vixen can correct that.

Text causes a problem for vixen for how the xml file is created.
In LOR, their xml has string,pixel, channel, rgb value
In Vixen, you need to output the bytes for everything, including the zeroes.

The reason butterfly works so good on vixen is that effect produces a byte for every channel (There are no black cells).
When i generated the texteffect, i only generated where there were values.

works fine in LOR xml, i have tried to fill in all the other zero bytes for vixen files.
The new change will basically build the tree with all zeros and then set the bytes that need a value. sounds easy but it gets messy pretty fast.

There is a pretty big change coming to nutcracker in the next week. I will announce it at the DIY EXPO (I hope).

It is going to fix this text issue and some other things. It is also going to allow the nutcracker to be able to sync effects to the music.

Skunberg
06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Sounds great Sean!! Looking forward to it!

Brian

Henedce
09-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Definitely fixed now .
Ran a test tonight now im back in christmas action.
Text at about 1.03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKNgQw-7ws&list=UUbcH2uH27u4rBn63opFisvQ&index=1&feature=plcp