PDA

View Full Version : HLS - New PixelPlane Capability - Expand-Edit-Compress Effects

JHinkle
06-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Nutcracker makes a tremendous number of effects available that can be dropped on a PixelPlane.

A User wanted to be able to EDIT some of the inner workings ...

Version 4J is available.

4J provides a new Main Menu Selection - "Pixel Plane".

The first option allows you to expand a Nutcracker effect on to individual RGB channels so you can edit, modify, change to your heart's content.

The second option then allows you to take your modified, multi-channel effects - and export it into a "Pixel Plane" loadable file.

SO ......

Here is a suggested way of using these new capabilities.

Lets say you have a Nutcracker effect - but its just not quite to your liking and you would like to get to the low level effects and make some modifications.

Open HLS and CREATE a NEW Sequence - add a song (this also allows you to make the modifications in step with music).

Add the number of Channels equal to the Number of Pixel in your PixelPlane. Use the bulk selection process and make all of them RGB - save

Go through the next two step to create a viewable group and then select the group.

You now have a editable sequence with empty RGB channels.

Set the START audio tic mark (Right Click on Time Ruler) to mark where you would like the Nutcracker effect to start.

If you would like to LIMIT the size (in time line tics) - set the END audio mark (Ctrl-Right Click on time ruler).

Make first selection in Pixel Plane menu.

You now have a editable sequence -- change all you want.

Because the PixelPlane technology in HLS greatly reduces the number of channels in the sequence - I suggest that you SAVE the NEW multichannel effect and then drop THAT onto the PixelPlane in your SHOW sequence.

Again - use the START and STOP audio marks to denote the start point end point to be saved.

Second menu select option under "Pixel Plane" - then exports it to a file.

Now --- open the sequence that you will use for a show (which contains your PixelPlane) and drop in the Modified Nutcracker effect - now you have the best of all worlds.

You can all thank Henedce for requesting expanded capabilities.

Enjoy.

Joe

Link to my DownLoad Site: http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS

smeighan
06-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Joe; this is cool!

gives all the capability i think one could want.

great job!

jimbo3301
06-05-2012, 05:32 PM
WOW... Great work Joe!

Henedce
06-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Thankyou Joe

Cant wait to play with it now.. and due to the fact Im now living on an island temporarily due to flood waters I can take the day off work :)

JHinkle
06-06-2012, 07:23 AM
A Comment on the new capabilities.

If you have the effect already placed in your main sequence on a PixelPlane - just modify it as described above = but save the revised effect back into the Nutcracker folder under the SAME name as the original (you may want to make a copy of the original effect under a modified name). When you load HLS - the NEW effect will be processed so no need to do anything as suggested in my first post.

Joe