PDA

View Full Version : Nutcracker: bug fixes and an enhancement

smeighan
05-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Bug fixes:
I have been working on fixing some bugs, as promised.

I have fixed the Vixen vir and vix files that were always missing pixel 1.

I have fixed the last pixel missing of the sequencer

I fixed a bug in garland animation, type 2.

I have fixed hls export, it now exports again.

I have fixed the Nutcracker channel preview for both Vixen and LOR.

Enhancement:

spirals will now function like this:

If you have one spiral, the color will be your start color. It no longer is hard coded to red

If you have 2 spirals
1st color comes from your start color
2nd color comes from your end color.

if you have 3 spirals
1st color comes from your start color
2nd color comes from your end color.
3rd color will ALWAYS be BLUE. This is the only way that i could give you the ability to get RED/WHITE/BLUE on a spiral.

If you have 4 or more spirals the colors are calculated between the start and end color. This is the way it has always been.

I am not done fixing the bugs. Go ahead, and give it a try.

klyneshouse
05-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Sean had a chance to check these out - here are my findings on my 24 strand x 50 pixel model -

Garland animation, type 2.

vir fills in a spiral around the tree (not from bottom up like in gif preview)
vix files have a mixture of colors, assuming some lines are getting skipped ??

Spirals -

Love the color flexibility- by getting a single color, one can overaly/shift within vixen if needed by transparent paste.
Still getting a lot of grayed out lines, however can be pached inside vixen worst case if needed.

fathead45
05-15-2012, 03:26 PM
maybe i missed it but this is the first time im really giving nutcracker a try (o and im starting to love it lol), when will lsp support be?

smeighan
05-15-2012, 09:49 PM
maybe i missed it but this is the first time im really giving nutcracker a try (o and im starting to love it lol), when will lsp support be?

people have imported in the lms file into LSP. They have gotten output, it is not ideal.

David has said there is no documentation for the LSP xml file. This means i will need to reverse engineer it. I hope that i can do so before the June 16 Academy, we will see. I am stabilizing nutcracker and fixing all teh current effects so they work properly on Vixen and LOR. My fixes apply across all sequencers.

fathead45
05-15-2012, 10:47 PM
ok thanks