PDA

View Full Version : Nutcracker: New file type for Vixen, vix

smeighan
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
When you produce a sequence for Vixen, there are now three files created

1) *.vir: Vixen routine file
2) *.txt: Vixen comma delimited file for use in cut and paste
3) *.vix: This is the new file type. I now create vix files (it includes the profile info for the channels).

Give the vix files a try.

I tried importing a vix file into LSP , hoping it would help the LSP folks. It imports with no errors but then asks to assign a controller. I don't know how to do that.

Can some LSP folk tell me if it is working? Maybe create a butterfly on your tree and use that to test.
Maybe i need to assign a plugin for it to show up on LSP?

thanks

n8huntsman
05-03-2012, 12:47 AM
I tried it with LSP. There is no controller info in the .vix file so LSP can not import it. This happens on .vix files when the profile has not been "flattened" into the sequence.

smeighan
05-03-2012, 12:52 AM
what controller should i use that will work with everyone. Is there a visualizer controller?

n8huntsman
05-03-2012, 01:12 AM
For LSP it doesnt matter what the controller is. It's easy to change. I opened the vix in vixen, selected "create profile from sequence" then selected "flatten profile into sequence." Saved that and it imported into LSP. It came in as 4033 channels for some reason. My tree is 32x42 (4032 channels). Also, the first 3 channels (1 RGB channel) was blank, no data. I still have not figured out a way to merge the 3 channels into 1 RGB channel in LSP. I don't think it's possible....yet. I think David may be working on it. He mentioned it in a post when I asked how to do it. We shall see.

budude
05-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Actually, I've noticed all my .vir imports always have the first 3 channels empty as well - just thought it was due to the effect I selected.

n8huntsman
05-03-2012, 01:20 AM
I just checked it again and there is an extra red channel at the end of the sequence. That's why it comes up as 4033 rather than 4032.

smeighan
05-03-2012, 01:47 AM
i have fixed the extra channel at the end of the vix file. There was one blank line at the end of the vir file. The vir file is used to create the vix file.

the first 3 channels empty is because some of the effects dont start on pixel#1, the start on #2. it is part of my scrubbing all the effects now and get them correct.