PDA

View Full Version : FAST fall speed help

Traneman
04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Iam finishing up building my FAST tubes. I have 1ft,2ft,3ft and 4ft tubes.
can anyone help with the "fall speed". Just thought it would be easier to ask the one's that have
set their pics and what looks good.
I just dont want to reprogram the pics.

Thanks for your suggestions.

n8huntsman
04-06-2012, 11:46 PM
40 to 80 looks good unless you have the fast set to speed up as it falls. In that case, you'll probably want a much faster fall rate, around 20 or so.

Traneman
04-07-2012, 06:47 AM
So I would set all the FAST for the same fall speed and change the random seed for starting the differant length tubes.?

Lefserev
04-07-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm in the same boat, except my uncle does all my pic programming for me since I don't have a programmer.
I'm still thinking about what speed to use.

Skunberg
04-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Lot's of options to think about here. Also how you trigger them will effect the look. Some hook them to one channel and they all fall together, I believe there is a delay option that can be programmed. So one channel trigger and they start at different times. Some people want each one on it's own channel for more control and many different effects. You really need to look at as any video clips as you can, read the development thread to see the different things people wanted to do with them. Decide what "you" want to do. Then ask how to get there, which may come up with more than one option too. Note every change requires reprogramming the Pic.

Brian

Traneman
04-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Thank you Brian, I hate to be really stupid here but can you point me to the developemental thread?
Also maybe a few video's.
I just thought there might be a good,better,best way to set the FAST up.

Thanks

Skunberg
04-07-2012, 12:17 PM
The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?15589-Finally-Affortable-Snowfall-Tubes-%28FAST%29&p=157470

300 posts, a handful of videos, what options were added, which were not and why. Even a few smiles along the way. Good read if your going to have FAST tubes. Best is very subjective. As you read thru that thread you'll see different people think different things are 'Best". And that's why all the different options. Everyone can tailor them to their own "Best". That's why I suggest figuring out your "Best" and we'll help you get there.

Brian

n8huntsman
04-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I think the best way is to experiment. Program the pic, put it in the fast and watch it. Take it out and try something different till you understand what each option does.

Skunberg
04-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I think the best way is to experiment. Program the pic, put it in the fast and watch it. Take it out and try something different till you understand what each option does.

I think this is a very good idea! Reading the development thread would give you a head start with the process, also the comments in the file are helpful.

Brian