PDA

View Full Version : Downloading sequences to Vixen?

piesrule58
01-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Quick question. I try to open sequences in Vixen that I have downloaded from various places and all I get is a blank screen.
What am I doing wrong?
Has it got something to do with the Plugins?
Also how do I run the sequence on my Profile (my chanell set up and adjustable preview)?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Terry

Sean Bowf
01-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Terry...you need to make sure the sequences are close to the same version of vixen you are running. As an example, a beta sequence will not work with the release version of Vixen, and visa versa.

Also, for the preview to work for the sequence you download, you probably need the picture they used for the preview (picture of the other person's house). In short, if they used a picture in the preview, you need that picture for it to work right.

Vixen will not automatically load up another persons sequence into your preview to view. This is something you need to manually set up.

If I am misunderstanding what you are asking...let us know, and I am sure someone can help you.

What version of Vixen are you running?

Sean

piesrule58
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks Sean

I am new at this and have a lot to learn. I am running the latest version of Vixen (Beta 5)

Cheers, Terry

Sean Bowf
01-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Terry, if you post or PM me a link to the sequence in question, I will put it in my vixen folder and see if it works for me.

I am sure one way or another, we can get you going...

I would email you one of my sequences, with picture, etc, but I have not updated my preview with the stuff I added this year...so it would not be running correctly.

Sean

acewingman
01-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I have downloaded several sequences from version 1.1 and all I had to do to convert them to 2.0 was make sure the sequences are in the sequence folder then unzip the prepare.exe file from the Vixen zip file into the Vixen folder then start Vixen and watch it covert all the sequences to 2.0.

I just tried the new Vixen installer...After installing it I copied the 1.1 sequences into the sequence folder and then installed Vixen again using the installer and when I started up Vixen it converted the sequences to 2.0 format...

Also, I have never had a problem seeing the picture of an adjustable preview if there was one to begin with...You may have to go into the plugins and enable it but that is all I had to do.

piesrule58
01-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. After experimenting a little I have found that certain sequences I have downloaded do work in my setup. I guess they just have to be in the same format that I am using. From now on I will only download sequences that will work for me.
I am sure I will have more questions in the future.
Have a great 08.

Cheers, Terry