PDA

View Full Version : Looking for New Ideas for 2008

Ronp
12-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Im not sure were this may go but what the hey.

Looking for new ideas that we can play with over the next 10 months.

Is there something you would like to see in your display next year?
Do you have an idea and not sure were to start.

What makes this site great is the combination of people in all walks of life
Between us all we can do anything and it all starts with a idea.

lbro
12-31-2007, 09:27 AM
A stand alone system that controls the boards. the sequences would be saved on a SD card or something like it. The new system would have ports that could run the Renard, 595, and USB connections.

What do you think?

Lou

DynamoBen
12-31-2007, 10:48 AM
JEC and I were talking about that a few months ago. The topic has come up a couple of times in the past. At the time there really weren't any microprocessors that could do it.

Over the last year I've started using the Parallax Propeller. The chip has eight processor and runs at 80mHz and would be capable of do what you are describing. The chip is about $12 and has a free IDE and only requires a usb/serial connection to be programmed.

To give you and idea of what it can do, I'm running video and VGA from it at the same time. With all that being said I had a playback controller like this on my list of "things to do" but it is going to be some time before I can get to it. Right I'm focused on finishing my DMX, ethernet dimmer. If someone was insterested in starting/doing it I would be willing to help where I can.

http://www.parallax.com/Default.aspx?tabid=407