PDA

View Full Version : Vixen yard sign?

Sean Bowf
06-18-2007, 10:53 PM
I can't remember what kind of prices folks were being quoted on yard signs...and am too lazy to see if I can find it.

A friend of mine just got a vinyl plotter (like a printer, but it cuts vinyl). I have no idea what it would cost him to pick up some coroplast (sp?), more vinyl, etc, to make some Vixen signs. But curious what kind of prices were out there, so I can pass it on to him and see if he is interested.

Sean

Macrosill
06-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Sean,
Last year I had some yard signs made. I bought the coroplast locally since it would be costly to ship due to its size. I had a guy on PC cut the vinyl for me and shipped it rolled up inside a standard shipping tube. I got 2 Vixen signs and 2 Christmas In Shirley signs plus 9 2 color Danger High Voltage signs. The 4 larger signs, 18x24, were 8 dollars each. The smaller 12x12 danger signs were about 5 each as they were 2 colors.

Matt
06-19-2007, 08:47 AM
How does the vinyl get applied to the coroplast?

-Matt

Macrosill
06-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Its a sticker. The vinyl has paper on both the front and back. You peel off the back and place the sticker on the coro. Then you press, roll and rub the vinyl onto the coro so you get a good bond. Then you peel off the front paper.

The reason for the paper is it holds all the vinyl for a single color of the entire sign so you do not need to worry about aligning every single piece.

grages
06-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Here is an online Coroplast seller. I tracked them down after the hurricanes. This material was being sold as storm shutters in the 10 mm thickness.

http://www.harborsales.net/fullsheetlookup.cfm?categoryID=6&subcategoryID=12&cat=Plastic%20Sheets

My brother cuts vinyl for signs and masking for abrasive blasting. I might have to have him gets some vinyl for signs.