PDA

View Full Version : .Vix file association

Aurbo99
12-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Not sure if its my computer OS layout/config settings or if anyone else has this problem.

When I open my sequences file to work on or run a .vix file, it asks me what program I want to open it with.

Vixen does not appear in my list of installed programs, I can manually navigate to the c:\Vixen\Vixen 2.0 beta 5\ directory I have it in and select Vixen.exe but it will not allow me to check off the "Always use selected program.." and it does not recognize my choice of Vixen.exe and it opens the file in IExplorer.exe instead.

Iexplorer.exe is the "recommended program" as given to me by Microsloth..

Is there a way to "register" Vixen on your computer and allow the .vix file extension to be associated with it?

Macrosill
12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
There is. I did a long post with the instructions. I think it may be on the old forum. I will look for it.

Josh
12-28-2007, 02:01 PM
a simple way is right click the vixen file... go to open with... then select vixen, and check the box that says, Always open with

Aurbo99
12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
a simple way is right click the vixen file... go to open with... then select vixen, and check the box that says, Always open with

Thanks Josh.. but that is exactly my problem, WinXp wont let me.

Have you tried it for yourself? I'm hoping its just a setting on my system that preventing it and not something else.

Wayne J
12-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Here is Macrosill's instructions to fix the problem. It is a windows issue, not Vixen.

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=379

Macrosill
12-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for digging that up fr me Wayne.

Aurbo99
12-28-2007, 04:15 PM
TYVM!