PDA

View Full Version : okay ive sent too emails to him have anyone delt with wlv

tkrein
01-15-2012, 10:11 AM
wlcventures.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=23

that is the product I want to buy I asked a question on shipping. has anyone purchased from him. I think 150 is a good deal let me know if I'm wrong but it has everything I need to start up since my FM transmitter went out 2days before Christmas last year I think this is the way to go. I just don't want to give him the money and get screwed if you say he's good to deal with then I wouldn't be worried I hope he books here and can answer my questions thinking of calling him.

thanks travis

bud29
01-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Chris is very reputable, and good to deal with. I've bought from him myself, and so have a lot of others on this site. He's on here pretty much every day so I'm sure he'll chime in as well as a bunch of others to vouch for him.

Rob

barbotte
01-15-2012, 10:32 AM
well i have deal in the last 2 year with Criss and i can said they i will deal again with him ... as i always had 100 % happy with his service ... but people need to understand that he is alone doing this so if he receive 50 email a day he is sometime busy with work so be patient ...cheer

cenote
01-15-2012, 10:34 AM
He travels a lot I think, never had a problem with him, but when I have communicated with him in the past, seems like there may be a day or two laps at times if he his in travel.

Traneman
01-15-2012, 10:51 AM
He gets alittle busy but great to deal with.
Be patient.

gsaltz
01-15-2012, 11:18 AM
I placed on order Nov 30th and have not reveived the products.
Attempts to get status on order have failed.

This has been my experience

corytcline
01-15-2012, 11:20 AM
I bought am fm transmitter from him just before last christmas everything arrived in time and in perfect condition I would definitally use Chris again.

ebrady
01-15-2012, 11:24 AM
I have bought from Chris three times now, all have been positive experiences, will buy again also. He is likely just busy..

caviar
01-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Please give him time. I have bought $900 worth from him with no problem. On the nov 30 order you should try a pm

Skunberg
01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Chris is great to deal with! However his fulltime job takes him all over the world which effects his ability to communicate. Also this is a side job to help support all of us with our hobbies so it comes after his fulltime job and family (or at least it should, I question this sometimes). So have patience with Chris and you'll get a great deal!

Brian

QtrMiMike
01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I have bought from him and had a great experience. He is very reputable and honest. In fact, I will be buying from him again in the near future.

dpitts
01-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Do not worry about Chris. Just be patient.

scubaspookf
01-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I had placed an order back in Nov and have not received it yet. But that was expected as he made a note that nothing will ship until after xmas. I emailed him a week or so ago about the order and he did reply back sayiyng that he was working on those past orders.

kychristmas
01-15-2012, 12:52 PM
I placed on order Nov 30th and have not reveived the products.
Attempts to get status on order have failed.

This has been my experience

This is pretty surprising. Are you sure whatever you paid through PayPal wasn't refunded to you?

tkrein
01-15-2012, 12:59 PM
thanks for the info I haven't read anything bad just wanted info before I placed my order I was wondering how much to ship this kit to me so I can budget the price when it becomes time. thanks again really wanted to get a bigger system and this seams a decent way to go.

gsaltz
01-15-2012, 01:06 PM
This is pretty surprising. Are you sure whatever you paid through PayPal wasn't refunded to you?

It was not.

I had to open a case with Paypal. Its under review now.

I have nothing against Chris, I just think 6 weeks is a bit long to send out somthing you have in stock (according to the website).

Its not in my nature to "flame" someone on a public site. It may have been a fluke with this transaction. WLC has great prices.

I may order again, I will just lower my expectations.

jcross
01-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I have recently put in an order for 4-500 dollars and didn't question it because of his reviews throughout the forums. It is important that you read all of his about us pages to understand what "in stock" means and that this is a sideline for him (and his family). There are group buys going on now and that puts even more of a burden on this store.

I have read no reason to doubt Wlcventures and am patiently waiting for my order to be shipped in 3-4 months.

Donny M. Carter
01-15-2012, 01:15 PM
First I can say without a doubt that Chris is a stand up guy! Did you also notice at the time you placed your order it said this on his home page? "Orders Received after 2 PM Central Time on November 14 will NOT ship in time for use with this years decorations!" I have no idea why you have not heard from Chris! Have you checked your spam and email setting just in case it slipped by? Also what address are yoou trying to contact him at? chris.foley@wlcventures.com or sales@wlcventures.com should work fine!

Donny

kychristmas
01-15-2012, 01:24 PM
It was not.

I had to open a case with Paypal. Its under review now.

I have nothing against Chris, I just think 6 weeks is a bit long to send out somthing you have in stock (according to the website).

Its not in my nature to "flame" someone on a public site. It may have been a fluke with this transaction. WLC has great prices.

I may order again, I will just lower my expectations.

Yes 6 Weeks is a long time if you are treating it like just another Web Store. It is not. Your "expectations" comment is a very important part of it. Chris makes a very small profit. As such, he explains that its a sideline and he doesn't process orders all the time. Also, some things that were listed as "In-Stock" actually are not. His store software doesn't allow for different statuses. He notes all over his website relating to Shipping Times and what "In-Stock" means.

Someone else said it was like Chris "felt he was doing us a favor by selling us stuff." Well, it sounds strange, but he actually is. On average, I would say he is saving us at least 30% over purchasing through normal retail channels. I know it can be frustrating, but I would encourage you to work it out.

At this point, I'm guessing you will just get your Claim processed and you will get your money back throught that. You can trust him for sure and he will make good eventually. If I were you, I would cancel my PayPal claim and let him do that. You will get your stuff.

Kelly

bcstuff
01-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I have spent over $1000 with Chris, and he always takes care of me. I would not hesitate to spend another $1000 with Chris.

tkrein
01-15-2012, 01:33 PM
I hope you guys don't think I was bashing the guy just wanted information on his store I believe I got what I was looking for I hope Chris reads this and sees the praises you guys are giving him. I think this tread can be closed now mods please close this thread as the information I asked for has been given. I will no hesitate to order from Chris thanks again for the positive responce I have received and very quick responses on this forum the reason I visit this place is because every one helps each other out.

raplass
01-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Perhaps a final note then, Chris usually sends an invoice for the shipping charge based on where your order needs to ship to, that may delay some orders. As was mentioned earlier, a PM to him directly usually gets a fast response and can clarify if an order is hung up on an issue like that.

wjohn
01-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Chris is alive and well, just busy as we all are. From what I have read, 99% of buyers had their expectations exceeded.

If you have waited a reasonable period, just drop Chris a note and ask for an update or refund.

Like Chris, I too get busy and are not able to answer emails for DIYC requests at times.

underdog
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Chris is the real deal, he's one guy who's out there that buys bulk himself to benefit everyone in the community. He's busy yes, but he comes through absolutely and always delivers. This past year I decided to plan poorly and purchase SPT-2 and enclosures on the 12th of November...THAT was my fault, but a few days after Thanksgiving, while he was neck deep in lights of his own, and worrying about orders from other procrastinators like me, here comes my SPT-2 and my enclosures...Just in time because I had JUST finished my sequences, that like everything else I was behind on!

If you're planning for Christmas 2012 you are right on time. I'll probably finish my controller and other peripheral item ordering by the end of January, then sequence for a few months until they come in, then assemble for a while and hopefully be ready to go 100% by October! The pre sale items will likely be around April-May which leaves me 5 months or more to assemble. I'm working toward a list right now on of items I'll be ordering from Chris, on top of the orders I've already placed! No complaints from me, Chris is absolutely a legit fellow. Ive spent (not even going to find out) but off the hip, nearing $700, and will be hitting $1000 by Blinky-flashy season this year. Chris = DIYC Patriot. BTW: pre sale pricing on SPT-2 and plugs end Today!

WireWrap
01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
+1 from another happy buyer. If you read Chris' location (top right in any of his posts)
you'll see: Location:Pearland, Tx (sometimes) and anywhere on the globe the rest of the time.

He is NOT kidding!!!

Seems like he frequents such interesting haunts as oil rigs, all over the Middle East, and I think I remember him mentioning Alaska a while back.

Keep the faith & he'll treat you right...

:)

g2ktcf
01-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Folks,

The order in question did indeed fall into the "after Nov 14th" category as stated on my site.

Since this is now in public, I answered an email on the order in question on Jan 1st....stating that it would be a couple of weeks until I had things restocked. The previous email was on the 29th and another on the 10th in addition to the one on the 1st.

We are at that couple of weeks now (hence we are starting to ship all those orders from Late Nov to December).

It seems that the notice in regards to the orders is not being read or understood so I will modify that and have it included in all future emails.

Just FYI for all....filing a Paypal dispute is the worst possible insult to any supplier. So if you choose to go this route, please be prepared for the consequences.

tkrein
01-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I found out why mine didn't get responded wow I feel like an idiot I didn't have the right email address in sorry about the confusion now I have placed my order. thanks again.

CaptKirk
01-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Sounds like SOMEONE owes Chris an appology!!

I am among the vast majority that are very happy with their transactions with Chris and will be more than willing to send him money in the future for any of his offereings. Thank you Chris!!!

Kirk

tkrein
01-18-2012, 11:28 PM
I am sorry for making this thread but n hind sight i learned alot abut this company and glad you guys are here to help out other individuals as myself. I placed an order befuase if the info found from this thread. I hope that Chris accepts this appology and has learned that he has faithfull customers. I will always admit when i am wrong. now I just need my next bonus check to go buy some more stuff like the soldering Iron package and a renard spare parts kit. thanks again

DIY Sparks
01-18-2012, 11:57 PM
tkrein,

Being that you joined in September 2011, it's understandable to another somewhat newbie (May '11 for me) that immediate feeling of trust, then after pressing the "PAY" button wondering if all is really legit. I mean, most of us are really just strangers on a cool site.

I hope you and Chris/WLC Ventures resolve happily. And I admire your subsequent humility on the issue -a trait of a good person.

Don

Donny M. Carter
01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
I agree with Don 100%!

g2ktcf
01-19-2012, 07:42 AM
I am sorry for making this thread but n hind sight i learned alot abut this company and glad you guys are here to help out other individuals as myself. I placed an order befuase if the info found from this thread. I hope that Chris accepts this appology and has learned that he has faithfull customers. I will always admit when i am wrong. now I just need my next bonus check to go buy some more stuff like the soldering Iron package and a renard spare parts kit. thanks again

WHOA....no need to apologize to me. I was upset with the other comment!

tkrein
01-19-2012, 10:50 AM
thanks now time to start planing for christmas.