PDA

View Full Version : Minitrees How-To

kychristmas
01-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Along with Arches, Minitrees are another thing I get asked about quite often. I don't think they are anything special, but I know they work great for me. The only change I'm considering making next year is to add another 50 lights of each color to each of them. One nice thing about them is that, like my other display items, they are made from PVC. This is important because they do not create any problems with False tripping of the GFI's.

I don't have a ton of pictures, but I show my Light Wrapper tool and how I build the frame of the Minitrees. I have also added a some description to the pictures to provide a how-to of sorts.

Kentucky Christmas Minitrees (http://www.kentucky-christmas.com/photos/minitree-photos)

If you have any questions,

plasmata
01-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Slightly off topic but I really like the proportions of your mega tree. What are the dimensions?

CaptKirk
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Kelly,

I love the way you do the DIY "snap-T". That is so innovative and cool (and inexpensive). Thanks again for the great ideas I need to steal, uh, borrow. ;-)

kychristmas
01-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Slightly off topic but I really like the proportions of your mega tree. What are the dimensions?

OK, I thought the details were at the top of the web page, but now I see they are not. The base is 12" diamater and they are 36" tall. This came from what worked best to fully utlize 2 lengths of PVC Conduit per tree. With my discounted lights, these trees cost around $4 ea to make.

Edit: Details now added to webpage. Thanks for pointing it out.

Materdaddy
01-13-2012, 08:44 PM
OK, I thought the details were at the top of the web page, but now I see they are not. The base is 12" diamater and they are 36" tall. This came from what worked best to fully utlize 2 lengths of PVC Conduit per tree. With my discounted lights, these trees cost around $4 ea to make.

Edit: Details now added to webpage. Thanks for pointing it out.

He said mega tree... which is why it was off topic to this thread. :hmm:

kychristmas
01-13-2012, 09:03 PM
He said mega tree... which is why it was off topic to this thread. :hmm:

OK, I sorta missed that. Thanks. I'm working on the detailed pics for the Megatree too. I will post a similar Megatree thread. The Megatree is almost 15 ft high at the Topper. The base ring sits about 15" off the ground and is has a diamter of 8 ft.

plasmata
01-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks, I look forward to seeing the details.