PDA

View Full Version : Registration problems

Macrosill
12-27-2007, 09:47 AM
The email server went down for about 48 hours. Anyone who registered during this time would not have received their activation email. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have not received the activation email let me know at macrosill at yahoo dot com. Give me your username you registered with and I will manually activate your account.

5childrensleep
07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Speaking of Registration Problems..There are several links to the forums at christmsinshirley.com that have posts I'm looking for, but it tells me to log in. When I try logging in with the user name I have here, it doesn't work and when I try to register, I get an error and a thing that says debug mode. Any Help?

Macrosill
07-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Do you have a specific link I can look at?

5childrensleep
07-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I'll try to get one, but I can't seem to get back to the site now. One thing to note, this site was exactly the same as this one, except the forums looked more fancy, and the domain name was registered as doityourselfchristmas.com/....
while this one is doityourselfchristmas.com/...

RavingLunatic
07-10-2008, 01:36 PM
One thing to note, this site was exactly the same as this one, except the forums looked more fancy, and the domain name was registered as doityourselfchristmas.com/....
while this one is doityourselfchristmas.com/...

Not to steal Brian's thunder but...

A short history lesson for you (since you just joined recently):

May 2007 these forums started up and were hosted at doityourselfchristmas.com. The idea was to bring all the DIY crowd together under 1 roof and to consolidate the info that was spread out over several forums/sites.

Jan 2008 the forums moved to doityourselfchristmas.com and started using the vBulletin software package for the forum management. All the threads/posts from doityourselfchristmas.com were transferred over so nothing is over there that doesn't exist here.

If you are finding an old link to the doityourselfchristmas.com forums then you are probably reading an old thread. The info that the link is pointing to is already over here in these forums, you probably can find it by just using the search feature.

With over 6 months of threads/posts from the doityourselfchristmas.com era, you can’t expect Brian to go thru all the posts to check for links to the old forum and update them to the new forum. If you found a link in a critical area (wiki pages, sticky posts, rules) then I would say report that to be fixed but other links I don’t believe are that critical that they need to be fixed (just my opinion, I could be wrong). It just means you need to do a little extra effort to search for the info on your own.

2 cents and a history lesson, can't beat a deal like that! :D

5childrensleep
07-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Ahhhhh, Thanks for clearing that up. I had a feeling that at they were the same but wasn't sure. What was misleading was the fact that these forums looked newer because of the fact that they were nicer. Thanks.