PDA

View Full Version : watching whole subforum

toozie21
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Is there a way to watch a whole subforum? I have been watching the "Other Hardware" forum for interesting threads and go in an refresh the tab everyday to see if something new is going on.

I "subscribed" to the forum under forum tools thinking that that might send me an email when new things happened (like when you subscribe to individual threads), but no dice. Does anyone else have a way of keeping tabs on whole forums?

BTW, the subscribing the individual threads seems to be working fine, so I know it isn't an issue with my account or email.

~Jason

Wayne J
01-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Have you changed the setting in your control panel under "Default Thread Subscription Mode:"

toozie21
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Yes, it is setup for "instantly, using email".

Macrosill
01-10-2012, 10:17 AM
There is no "instantly, using email" setting for subscribing to a forum, that is for a thread. When subscribing to a forum your options are :
1. Through my control panel
2. Daily email
3. Weekly email

Which one did you choose?

scubaspookf
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Wow, Learn something new everyday. Now I will have to set up my profile for the groupbuy section for it to send me emails when something is posted. So many times I have missed out on buys because a was a day late but never a dollar short.

toozie21
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Good catch. I actually had through my control panel selected, but I switched it ovber to daily email and waited a few days. Still no email from any of the new topics that were started since I made the settings change...