PDA

View Full Version : snippets, commands and sub-routines repository request..

Aurbo99
01-07-2012, 05:35 PM
As the Title states, a repository for;

Snippets, Commands and Sub-routines of code that may help others in creating old and new versions of Vixen PlugIns or AddIns;

I think it would be beneficial to new and experienced C# programmers that dabble in Vixen PlugIns, AddIns and the like.

Anyone else?

Format suggestion;

Description: (self explaining)
Intended xxxxIn, (PlugIn or AddIn):
Purpose: (what does it do)
Version: (Version of Vixen it's used in)

[/code] code [/code]

RavingLunatic
01-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Once the file library gets fixed then that would be the place for it. I'm sure that Brian is working out a plan for fixing all the issues with DIYC website from the crash. I just hope that the community doesn't freak out if DIYC has to go down for a few days.

dirknerkle
01-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Once the file library gets fixed then that would be the place for it. I'm sure that Brian is working out a plan for fixing all the issues with DIYC website from the crash. I just hope that the community doesn't freak out if DIYC has to go down for a few days.

Yah, but we have a sort of backup waiting in the wings... diychristmas.org is still running... hasn't had a post since DIYC came back to life.

djulien
01-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Yah, but we have a sort of backup waiting in the wings... diychristmas.org is still running...

How often is it synced up (in case of another crash or ISP problem)?

Also, during the Nov crash it seemed like the wiki itself should also have a backup site - when the forum is down the wiki is a mission-critical source of info (and vice versa), but if they are both down then that's even worse. Would spreading them across multiple servers be a good safety net?

don

dirknerkle
01-08-2012, 12:41 AM
How often is it synced up (in case of another crash or ISP problem)?

Also, during the Nov crash it seemed like the wiki itself should also have a backup site - when the forum is down the wiki is a mission-critical source of info (and vice versa), but if they are both down then that's even worse. Would spreading them across multiple servers be a good safety net?

don

I'm about 95% on the wiki but of course, the forums don't have the content, nor are they likely to. However, the chat room is still active and the rest of it is sitting there idle.... "just in case..."

ErnieHorning
01-08-2012, 01:22 AM
I just hope that the community doesn't freak out if DIYC has to go down for a few days.I freak out every Sunday when the backup starts and it takes the extra 20-30 seconds for anything to show.

I at least have Dirks site bookmarked this time.

djulien
01-08-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm about 95% on the wiki but of course

How did you get that? Was it some kind of bulk download ahead of time, or you just worked with Brian to get backups? I'm thinking it might be nice to have some kind of DVD(s) available in case I need to find something and the site is down. Hmmm, maybe that could be another "fund raiser" - offer archived copies of the entire site on DVD. Maybe even put a copy of Apache and MySQL on there, so a local copy of the site could be run from DVD in emergency or off-line situations.

don