PDA

View Full Version : Video Tutorial - PCB Etching

Wayne J
05-28-2007, 02:03 PM
This video shows the method I use to etch PCB's. There are other ways, this is what works for me. I hope it helps some to learn how to make your own boards.
8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WanzVIwa86s

lbro
05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Nice Job Wayne!!!
Lou

grages
05-29-2007, 02:13 PM
That really is a nice job Wayne. :D One day I am actually going to do this.

Shawn

jderba
05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
That come out great Wayne, thanks

Jack

Rocket
05-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Nice job Wayne.

What method did you use to transfer the artwork to the pcb?

I have used the toner transfer method a couple of times with average to good results but i feel it could have been better.

grages
05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Nice job Wayne.

I have used the toner transfer method a couple of times with average to good results but i feel it could have been better.

Yes, a good video of preparing the artwork and applying it would be great.

Call it "Preparing a PCB to be Etched"

Wayne J
05-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Nice job Wayne.

Yes, a good video of preparing the artwork and applying it would be great.

Call it "Preparing a PCB to be Etched"

I use the 'toner transfer' method with photo paper. It is something that takes a bit of trial and error, but once you figure it out it is cake. I have had very good results with an HP printer at work and just recently bought a refurbished Dell Laser printer and it is providing the best results yet. Board prep is a big part also.

I may get some free time and be able to do a video of the process. I have watched some on the internet and they are not real thorough, so it is a good reason to make one.

8)

Keith R
08-06-2012, 02:55 PM
I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I am in need of making 5 or 6 boards to convert an RJ45 back to a header to run some servos in my 3-axis skulls. I can't find a board, or I would probably purchase it. I don't have a problem with the (muriatic/H2O2) process, I just can't get the programs I am using to get the correct orientation or size (scale) I need. The link in the first post is broken, and that might help. If anyone is willing to send me a pdf with 6 boards on it (to fit a standard size one-sided board) that would be better. I would rather try this on my own, so if you could point me in the right direction, great.
Attached is what I am trying to accomplish.
Thanks, keith

Wayne J
08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I fixed the link. :rolleyes:

I can draw that up for you and send it, if you wish.

kychristmas
08-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Not sure what you are doing, but Chris Maloney has a ton of great Servo stuff on his site.

http://ctm.maloneylights.com/downloads/?did=6

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I am in need of making 5 or 6 boards to convert an RJ45 back to a header to run some servos in my 3-axis skulls. I can't find a board, or I would probably purchase it. I don't have a problem with the (muriatic/H2O2) process, I just can't get the programs I am using to get the correct orientation or size (scale) I need. The link in the first post is broken, and that might help. If anyone is willing to send me a pdf with 6 boards on it (to fit a standard size one-sided board) that would be better. I would rather try this on my own, so if you could point me in the right direction, great.
Thanks, keith

Keith R
08-06-2012, 04:39 PM
After watching your video and another, I realize that I don't need to flip the components on the board...they will be flipped when I iron them.
Thanks again.

Skunberg
08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I think this is what you asked for in this thread.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?20859-Tiny-RJ45-Breakout

Thanks, keith

Keith R
08-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I think this is what you asked for in this thread.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?20859-Tiny-RJ45-Breakout

I think these are a great DCSSR breakout board on a small footprint...However, I need the 3 wide headers for direct plug-in of the servo connectors.
Thanks!

Skunberg
08-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I think these are a great DCSSR breakout board on a small footprint...However, I need the 3 wide headers for direct plug-in of the servo connectors.
Thanks!

At less than $2 a board I thought solder on pigtails might work out for you.
But there is something to be said about making your own board too.

Brian