PDA

View Full Version : Best way to seal up boxes - DUCT Seal. Awesome stuff check it out

fathead45
11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Well after my many migration to menards and looking around i found some awesome stuff. its called duct seal. it is used for conduit and what not to seal out water, wind, etc. it is pliable like play do but sticks really well and to anything. im using it to seal up this awesome 12x12x6 carlon box that im storing my ssrs in. its 30 bucks but it is meant to be out side and waterproof. i drilled holes in the side to allow cables to come out the side. well after i did that i had to fill the space. i could use silicone or hot glue but didnt want it permenant. so i found this stuff and it worked great. it moves with the wires and wont freeze. so next time your at the store pick some up. its 2 bucks a block and it will do alot. i also use it to seal up the cg1500 etc boxes where the foam is. i put it on from the inside and outside just to make sure. here is how it turned out on mine.

Lefserev
12-01-2011, 11:57 AM
You found the right stuff. Looks good. I like that waterproof box.

fathead45
12-01-2011, 02:15 PM
the box is awesome. they do have a couple of other boxes as well. even a size that will fit the ssrs but there about 6 each. so in a pinch they would work.