PDA

View Full Version : Tools menu option to convert Vixen 1 and others

Johns2007
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
How about an option in the Tools menu to convert or import sequences used in other programs or from Vixen 1 ?

daviddth
12-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Since vixen 2.0 automatically checks the sequences & updates them to 2.0 the first time it is run, I'd just like to see that action modified. If a sequence is updated already, leave it alone, update any new ones, and DONT delete the updating program from the directory - make that the standard start for Vixen

Wombat
12-20-2007, 01:40 AM
I second that .. It should update anything it finds in the sequencing folder on startup. (maybe an option to turn it off for faster statups)

Wombat

daviddth
12-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Oh and if it finds an error, dont convert, and DONT pause with an acknowledge box - many of us want the program to be as user friendly but also as reliable as possible

I'd hate to have copied a file to the dir, have vixen start while I'm away, but have it pause because the file is corrupt or something. Heck even have Vixen pop up an acknowledge box on many non-fatal errors but have it continue to run in the background

Macrosill
12-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I do not see the need to have Vixen check for 1.1 sequences every time it starts. The 1st time is sufficient. After you have installed 2.0 and converted your 1.1 files there would be no reason to make more 1.1 sequences. If Vixen checked everytime it would increase the load time for eternity. Just make all your new sequences in 2.0.

Johns2007
12-20-2007, 09:37 PM
The reason I would like an convert tool is for those times when I get a file from the forum or from the internet and it's in Vixen 1 format. Since I've already updated to 2.0.5 and vixen doesn't check, I have no way to easily convert the file. The startup time issue is also why I just want Vixen to have an option in the Tools menu to convert a file. That way it is only used when needed.

John

Dan Ross
12-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I created a folder in the vixen main directory and copied the prepare.exe file in it. When I need to convert a file I just copy this file back into the main directory and start vixen.

Johns2007
12-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Hi Dan,
I didn't know that you could do that. Thanks for the info.

John