PDA

View Full Version : Halloween kid count!

dannyandmal
10-31-2011, 09:24 PM
We are at 185ish, and the night is still young! How many trick-or-treaters have you had?

Dougp
10-31-2011, 09:25 PM
I had about 45 and we are done.

ctmal
10-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Only 12.

chelmuth
10-31-2011, 09:28 PM
About 80 and Done.

glaforce
10-31-2011, 09:30 PM
about 10!! Where are all the kids these days???

dirknerkle
10-31-2011, 09:33 PM
about 10!! Where are all the kids these days???

At my house. We've had a couple hundred...

StandingInAwe85
10-31-2011, 09:34 PM
We had ~120 pieces of candy and ran out. I'd say 150-175 kids this year, which is a bit higher than the last couple of years.

g2ktcf
10-31-2011, 09:37 PM
not sure on the kid count but we gave away over 400 pieces of candy!

dirknerkle
10-31-2011, 09:43 PM
not sure on the kid count but we gave away over 400 pieces of candy!

Let's do the math....

One for the kid... one for me...
One for the kid... two for me...

How many did we really give out? :lol:

Samj435
10-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Let's do the math....

One for the kid... one for me...
One for the kid... two for me...

How many did we really give out? :lol:

We keep the large sized candy in the house of the kinds we like, give the small stuff out for Halloween. Although at only 10 kids, we have a lot of wrappers to tear open.

LabRat
10-31-2011, 10:08 PM
last few years, I doubt we went higher than 12. This year, 15 on the first KNOCK.
Nowhere near the 100's some of you are seeing, but it was good to see the street
active with the little fiends. :)

tstraub
10-31-2011, 10:15 PM
I didn't have any trick-or-treaters come to my house. Mostly because I wasn't home. I was walking my kids around town. I saw a lot of kids walking around but the number of houses passing out candy seemed very low compared to past years. Only about 1 out of every 15 houses had the light on. a few years ago almost 1/2 of the houses were passing out candy. I think next year I will stay home and pass out candy. The kids are getting old enough to walk without an adult.

nuelemma
10-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Only one group of about 25 to 30 kids + parents.

michaelc
10-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Somewhere in the 60 range. Teens almost wiped us out when we left the bowl on the step while we took the little ones around the block. First time that ever happened.

btw, here is a photo album of my lights. I stay pretty static for halloween so far.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.229956463733998.58568.193239450739033&type=3&l=9c6e216ade

ErnieHorning
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Last year we only had one kid and I had to bring a lot of candy to work the next day.

This year I convince my wife that we should decorate the house a little bit. She still gave a hand full of candy to each kid just so we wouldn't get stuck with it. We've had over fifty kids and actually ran out.

My wife said that nearly everyone commented on the display and some even took pictures. I told her that we probably would have gotten a lot more kid if the lights would have been sequenced. Crap, she agreed and said we have to next year. :ohno:

What this really means though, is that now I have to go to the store just so I have some candy in the house. :(

g2ktcf
10-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Only one group of about 25 to 30 kids + parents.

and knowing PR...that was your family!!!!!!! hehehehehehe

nuelemma
10-31-2011, 11:00 PM
and knowing PR...that was your family!!!!!!! hehehehehehe

Not this time, just my in laws and the 25 kids from the neighborhood. We will talk later about christmas and counting just family hehehe. :)

buymyemu
11-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Zero kids again. Dirt Road, out in the country, we all take our kids in to 'town' then to the local fire department with the haunted house.

We leave someone home just in case, but never get anyone. Should we turn some lights on next year maybe??

mlkren
11-01-2011, 01:01 AM
We had about 185 according to the candy. I would say we had a little less this year, maybe due to it being Monday. Got to try out some of the gear that I bought this year including some DIYC floods that looked awesome, at least that's my opinion. Had a slow fade between orange and violet.

maffeirw
11-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Our town suspended Halloween (told people not to have their kids Trick or Treat) due to the power failures caused by the snow storm we had on Saturday. About half of Putnam County, NY is currently without power and it's not expected back on until Thursday or Friday in most places. Thankfully we were not affected but I'm not sure how well my flashing lights are going over when all but 6 houses on my street are dark. I've still had a number of cars stop and watch the show and beep or flash their headlights so I guess they enjoyed it. With about a foot of snow on the ground it looks like I may have the same problem taking down the Halloween display as I had with the Christmas display last year but with the temperatures due to rise to the 60's on Friday hopefully it will all melt (it must have gone down 4 or 5 inches today alone).

Oh, in answer to the question asked. Two brave souls risked the political backlash and ignored the town ban. I gave them good handfuls of candy, but if I had known they would be the only ones I would have filled up their bags.

ChiefWarrant
11-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Not too many. But that is good, because then I could keep all the good candy for myself and the little woman.

~~This is the little woman typing now.Compared to last year we had absolutely no kids. But last night we had about 20 kids. I was happy ,grabbing at least three fistful of candy to each trick or treat'er. I wanted to hand out the good candy but NOOOO... My beloved said to hand out the junky candy and that's what we did. But all in all,we put on a great light show had some kids stop by. It was great. Happy Halloween to all.

~~Back. Finally got her typing in the forum....now all need to do is get her to start sequencing and I will have it made!

nirad68
11-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Considering last year was very few, we had several large groups of kids and parents. Mostley little through Jr high. Was told by a friend who was taking her kids around that she overheard one of the groups saying " We have to go down there, that's where we go to see the christmas lights!" If nothing else blinky flashy has made an impression in my small town. Thanks Guys!

Traneman
11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
We just had 1 little boy, and his mom.I wish I wouldnt have waited to start putting up the display now.

SeaHoCaptain
11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Perfect night other than the treater count .. Less than 20 :-(

jlowe
11-01-2011, 08:53 AM
I moved in my house a year ago, but this was my first Halloween at home. Did some decorating, but next year I want to go much bigger because we had at least 250-300! I live in a fairly small town, but evidently all the surrounding areas bring their kids to my neighborhood! Lots of fun.

rogue9607
11-01-2011, 09:05 AM
I counted 178 for us and a couple dozen more that were too scared to approach. We'd toned down our decorating since the forecast called for rain, but of course it pushed out early and we had a beautiful night. Ended up tossing 6 floods in the trees for a lightning effect (that came out very well if I do say so myself). Also had the fog machine out, a 6' spider, and a massive web.

oldcqr
11-01-2011, 09:29 AM

But I live at the end of a cul-de-sac on a dead end road, so the kids tend not to come down here. For the past 13 years I've given out full-size candy bars, and 2 years ago the word got out and I had about 25. Last year I went on vacation and all my hard work went down the drain :P

Gebbinn
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
We did the haunted house for the local Fire Dept. this year (as most of you probably already know) We had about 400 bodies through the haunt, some of those were repeats. We gave out over 800 pieces of candy, but were giving multiple pieces per person, so I dont know how many actual people trick or treated, there were a lot of people who would not go through the haunt after seeing some of our victims come out crying or screaming. The clown scare at the end was pretty epic. I have to head out to a Dr. Appt now, but later on today I will give you guys a wrap up, and we have some pictures I will try to upload as well.

lightman
11-01-2011, 02:48 PM
We had around 700 kids. Our street is closed down for two hours every Halloween and word has gotten out over the years. Some parents with visiting kids feel sorry for our neighborhood and donate bags of candy to help with the load.

A lot of houses decorate and it is almost a festival atmosphere. Police patrol it regularly. It is a lot of fun.

...now on to Christmas show.

Regards,
Lightman

lalder
11-01-2011, 03:40 PM
We went through 13 bags of candy (not sure how many kids). But at one time my wife said it looked like a Zombie attack!!
Yes the part that gets you is hearing 'When I was a kid this was the scariest house!!"
Quick look http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq169/lee_alder/Halloween%202011/