PDA

View Full Version : Video on CNN.com

rjchu
10-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Just saw this video on CNN.com, wow! I may have to make the 45 minute drive to Riverside where they say this is located and check it out first hand!

Does anyone know what the color "lines" are that he's using to frame the structural pieces of the house?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/10/25/pkg-moos-singing-halloween-house.cnn

-joni-

dunnsr
10-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Man I dont know but that is one KNock out show!!

budude
10-26-2011, 03:12 AM
LOR Cosmic Color Ribbons - you can do the same with any of the pixel strips and an E680/681 if you want! His house has come up in a couple posts already here.

scootchu
10-26-2011, 07:32 AM
I saw it on Good Morning America the other day.

underdog
10-26-2011, 08:02 AM
This, is a link (http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?17534-What-kind-of-lights-are-these-on-the-house) to another page we discussed this. It's pretty neat, He should convince someone to do the Christmas sequencing for him, change the pumpkins in the yard to mini trees and the talking faces to on-house megatrees after halloween! With his brilliant use of LED's and pixel strips, he need only change the primary colors from orange to green/red, nearly no downtime....and he'd be all ready for Christmas! Nice setup.

underdog
10-26-2011, 08:19 AM
<double post>

kychristmas
10-26-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty certain that he doesn't need any help with Christmas either. It would be pretty arrogant to think that we could do Christmas better than him.

This, is a link (http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?17534-What-kind-of-lights-are-these-on-the-house) to another page we discussed this. It's pretty neat, He should convince someone to do the Christmas sequencing for him, change the pumpkins in the yard to mini trees and the talking faces to on-house megatrees after halloween! With his brilliant use of LED's and pixel strips, he need only change the primary colors from orange to green/red, nearly no downtime....and he'd be all ready for Christmas! Nice setup.

underdog
10-26-2011, 10:24 AM
No, That you've taken my suggestion WAY out of context. If you watched the CNN interview at 2:10 he told the interviewer or is quoted as saying: "[He] doesn't do Christmas, because he's too tired from Halloween". I wasn't downgrading his abilities or stamina at all, just commenting on how well thought out, versatile, how easy it would be to change his display, if participating in Christmas was a desire. I am only as good as the information I have been provided.

Livermore-Dad
10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
No, That you've taken my suggestion WAY out of context. If you watched the CNN interview at 2:10 he told the interviewer or is quoted as saying: "[He] doesn't do Christmas, because he's too tired from Halloween". I wasn't downgrading his abilities or stamina at all, just commenting on how well thought out, versatile, how easy it would be to change his display, if participating in Christmas was a desire. I am only as good as the information I have been provided.

That;s how I read your statement as well. Ky seems overly stressed lately. Either the rating CoOp thread or it's just becoming that time of year.

Tory

kychristmas
10-26-2011, 05:16 PM
I didn't take anything out of context. I wasn't being mean. Just poor choice of words. Sorry.