PDA

View Full Version : TSO---LIVE!

Macrosill
12-15-2007, 11:15 AM
So Wifey and I left at 6:30pm to go see TSO in concert at 8pm. It would take about 1 hour to get the Veterans Nassau Colliseum. We were heading westbound on the Long Island Expressway where we got the the interchange for the Northern State Parkway. So we get on the ramp and BAMMO!, dead stopped. I have no where to go. I am thinking I am going to be late for the concert. I had to pull out all the stops to get there on time. As soon as we passed the overpass I jumped onto the right shoulder, half on the grass and half on the pavement. It was very very bumpy and I thought I might bottom out but I had to do it, I am sure you guys understand. We get off the NSP onto Rt. 107 north. Get back onto the LIE w/b and then off at Rt. 107 south. Now I start zigzagging though the secondary roads trying to get there on time. I get close to the entrance to the parking lot and the back up is long, very long. It is not 20 minutes to 8pm. So instead of taking the right lane to get into the lot I go straight and turn right where all the cars coming from the opposite direction are supposed to go. Hey the light was red for them and it was empty. I get in line, on the left side to pay for parking. I get up to a security guard standing there to make sure no one goes in the exit, bypassing the payment booths. I whip out my ID and start to talk to him. He says go around to the VIP entrance and you will get a better spot. I thank him kindly and make a U-turn. I go around to the VIP entrance and they tell me to pull into the lot top the left. I get a spot very close to the main doors. Wifey and I go in and we are 1 gate away from our seats. We find our seats and anxiously wait for the show to open. Its about 7:45pm now. We have awesome seats! The black curtain blocking the view of the stage all of a sudden turns into a giant ledtriks type panel and gets hoisted up. The show starts and it is amazing! All through the show Chris from TSO tells us to make sure we stick around until the very end because they have some amazing stuff in store for us. Mid show we get a visit from Roger Daultry, the lead singer of The Who! He does 3 songs and leaves. Then the concert gets really going and there is fire balls in the back of the stage, snow machines up top, low lying fog all over the stage, lights, lasers and strobes everywhere, led panels and fiber optic curtains. Fire works blasting off in the air, all kinds of spark producing pyrotechnics spinning and dropping a curtain of sparks. At this point we are about 2.5 hours into the show and wifey starts to fall asleep. I do not know how, I think I am still deaf. Then she becomes wide awake as the fire balls and fire fountains really start rolling. The heat from the fire woke her up. I think my face is burned red! LOL. How she was nodding off I have no idea, I think I am still deaf!!! there was a secondary stage set up at the other end of the venue, and my favorite 2 blondes, you know who they are, went over there for a song or 2. Later on in the show the 2 guitar players went over there and as they played the stage lifted into the air, I would say about 40 feet high. I was not sure if I should look left or right. The whole show was awesome!!! I had a great time and will never forget last night. They did all the popular songs and even one from their new cd coming out next year. There was some guy on the floor that kept screaming out "YEAHHHHHHHHHHH" everytime there was a slow part and/or break in the music. It was funny!

So the wife and I had a great time and really enjoyed the show. WOW, they are awesome. Everyone has to go see them. They are an assault on all of your senses with the exception of smell but you may get lucky and have a less than clean person sit next to you to take care of that one!

We left the show and got right out, no traffic like the regular lot. As we pull up to our house it is 11:45pm and the show is still running, not one glitch. This was the perfect end to my night. Well it really wasn't the end but that is for a different place. :shock:

Go see TSO if you ever have the chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ
12-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Does this mean we will be even more assulted with a certian video on the chat bri?

LOL

Great I'm glad you and the wifey had a great time. NEtxt time you visit your parents the wify and I will have to find some great to take y'all to.

daviddth
12-15-2007, 11:17 PM
At least he didnt post the youtube link in here like he has been for the last 3hrs in the chat :)

Macrosill
12-15-2007, 11:22 PM
we can fix that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA9DmSfufSQ

Thanks for reminding me.

ben
12-15-2007, 11:24 PM
he's got that on speed paste :lol:

daviddth
12-15-2007, 11:24 PM
/me walks away thinking "I probably asked for that". Sigh ;)

Macrosill
12-15-2007, 11:26 PM
/me walks away thinking "I probably asked for that". Sigh ;)

ROFLMAO :P

cmurray
12-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Just got back from Minneapolis. Saw the 3:00pm show.
Looks like they had two sold out shows.
The second was at 7:00 or 8:00 pm.

WOW those lights were bright.
I came prepared with earplugs for both of us and a #5 lens for me.

Incredible light show.
Now I know why everyone does the blinkey flashey to WIW. Talk about strobe overload.

Lets see an array of say 500 watt halogens six wide and eight high. Fanned from top to bottom and then left to right followed by full on.

The side and top panels were incredible. Looks like the had full control, surprised they did not do more advanced graphics.

The guy running the light rig liked to keep lowering and raising the light boxes. Not sure what effect he was trying to add.
During the introductions when half the show was over we were welcomed aboard the Enterprise.

Great experience;e overall. Traffic was a little white knuckle but only because I live in a population of 15,00 and not used in driving in downtown Minneapolis.
Luckily out Toyota has the navigation system and you would not believe how fast she can reroute you after you miss a turn.

Lots of new ideas for next year.

Joel

Yes the show was running flawlessly when we got back.
Has been for two weeks now.

jderba
12-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Brian,

You brought back good memories, sounds like you had the same group we had
up in NH. What an awesome show!!

On a side note, I noticed the video link you supplied didn't have any "fireballs, snow machines, lights, lasers, strobes, LED panels, fiber optic Curtains or Fireworks". I wonder what it is in this video that held your attention :D

Jack