PDA

View Full Version : Video out with Vixen 3.0

henkvis
08-31-2011, 08:45 AM
I've looked to most threads on Vixen 3.0.
What isn't clear to me:
Supports Vixen 3.0 also synchronised video out?
In other words, can you show vidio in sync with audio/lights (like LSP?)?

Regards,
Henkvis

chelmuth
08-31-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't believe this is a feature of 3.0 by default.. It will most likely have to be some type of output plugin developed after the 3.0 release and once developers get information on what is required for the plugins to be created.

sallz0r
09-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I've looked to most threads on Vixen 3.0.
What isn't clear to me:
Supports Vixen 3.0 also synchronised video out?
In other words, can you show vidio in sync with audio/lights (like LSP?)?

No, there's no video support in 3.x at the moment. However, that's something that could be added through the use of the module system, and could be done a lot more correctly (since we can add properties and effects to display video more accurately).

I don't expect that would be something we would be able to get done this year, though; there's going to be a lot to iron out with the basic feature set in the next few months. Someone in the community might pick it up, maybe?

Greg in Canby
05-16-2012, 06:54 PM
No, there's no video support in 3.x at the moment. However, that's something that could be added through the use of the module system, and could be done a lot more correctly (since we can add properties and effects to display video more accurately).

Someone in the community might pick it up, maybe?

One can only hope . . .

OregonLights
05-16-2012, 07:27 PM
I still have my fingers crossed to see if Vixen 3.0 itself even gets released in time this year....very quiet in that area for several weeks/months.