PDA

View Full Version : Live Chat

Macrosill
07-31-2011, 08:21 AM
The Live Chat has been fully integrated with our site. Only registered users can participate in the chat room. The Chat tab has been relocated to the left of the navbar, next to the Forum tab. The tab will now indicate how many users are in the chat room. You do not need to log in, login is automatic and authenticated based on your account here. Chat permissions are based on usergroups. At the bottom of the forums index page you will be able to see who is chatting.

Should anyone experience any issues please let me know.

erm213
07-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks Brian!

Erik

dlovely
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Just a quick note, It kept saying "Service Unavailable" then I noticed in the URL it said '?do=popup&' so I turned off my browsers pop-up blocker and was able to enter then turn the blocker back on. However, it did not pop up a window, the window appeared in the same tab. So not sure why it will only load with pop-ups turned on.

dlovely
07-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Also, Copy/Paste is broken again. I entered the old chat room to test and I can paste, the new one I cannot. Funny the old room still works.

dirknerkle
07-31-2011, 02:36 PM
I get a 404 error when I try the link yet the link by itself seems to work.
Also, pasting does not work.

Jrd
07-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Looks great Brian! Thanks!

Copy and paste works for me, I still have the settings hack from before (or at least, I didn't change anything) maybe you guys updated something that changed the settings?

Macrosill
07-31-2011, 02:59 PM
I get a 404 error when I try the link yet the link by itself seems to work.
Also, pasting does not work.
The /chat.html url is no longer valid as the auto login is integrated now.

I am aware some people are having trouble with copy/paste. I have contacted the company about it. However if you highlight what you want too copy and drag and drop it into the chat typing area it will paste.