PDA

View Full Version : Bazooka tube? Next Renard 24 COOP?

Penfold
12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Hello all.

Newbie here with a couple of questions:

1. What is this Bazooka tube I have seen on a couple of threads?
2. Is anyone planning another Renard 24 with SSRs COOP?
3. Will there be a PIC COOP that correlates to the Renard 24 COOP as I am not a programmer (but wish I was :twisted: )?

Just wondering. Your replies are greatly appreciated.

xmus
12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Hello all.

Newbie here with a couple of questions:

1. What is this Bazooka tube I have seen on a couple of threads?
2. Is anyone planning another Renard 24 with SSRs COOP?
3. Will there be a PIC COOP that correlates to the Renard 24 COOP as I am not a programmer (but wish I was :twisted: )?

Just wondering. Your replies are greatly appreciated.

click "search" up top, and search for Bazooka:
http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1040&highlight=bazooka

Wayne J
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I think a PIC coop is good if it saves $, BUT, (yes there's a 'but' ) everyone who is going to use PIC controller boards, really needs to buy a programmer. There is always a need to rewrite the PICs, and if you do not have a programmer, then things are tough.

Penfold
12-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I have seen a pic programmer for about $30 in kit form, but I can't remember where. I will just have to search the net.

Will I need to learn a programming language like C++ for this or can I just download the code on to the pic via an attachment found in the forum?

Macrosill
12-12-2007, 07:42 PM
..... can I just download the code on to the pic via an attachment found in the forum?

The simple answer is yes.

You download the .asm file and convert it into a hex file using the software like MPLabs. Then flash the pic with the hex file. No programming language required.