PDA

View Full Version : Just another Christmas in cubeville

xmus
12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
So I found myself in front of a bunch of high schoolers (and parents) interested in robotics and electronics last week, trying to explain to them about this DIY Christmas hobby. I had a 32 channel enclosure with me (two Ren16 w/ SSRs), and I had 16 clear light bulbs hooked up to one of the controllers. I played some stuff on the laptop, and explained how it all worked. I even showed them a simulation of my house with 143 channels.
It went over like a lead balloon. One student was a little interested, but nobody else cared.

So I made this wreath, and synchronized a 45 second Jingle bells song, so I could actually DEMO this. Then I started demo'ing it a work, and people were seriously WOW'ed.

And now, I have this cool "small" gadget I can haul around with only one watermaster enclosure, a laptop, and a 485 cable and power strip, and demo anytime, anywhere, playing the audio from the laptop. People LOVE IT.

People keep stopping by my cube at work "can I see it?". I put the headphones on them, click play.... NICE.

22 channels in use, 32 available. Vixen running it of coarse.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LE92N7BC-WY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

Dave

shocker
12-11-2007, 09:32 PM
cool demo i like it

Walden
12-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Very cool, nice idea

Wayne J
12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
That's just plain NIFTY!