PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for fun??

davetv102
12-10-2007, 10:58 AM
My wife and I moved into a area where the most Christmas decorations are the wreath on the door. 8 years ago. Needless to say my static display of 10,000 lights stood out. The next year after getting to know several we started buying wireframe deers and sneaking them into yards while they were gone. Took them a while to figure out it was us. Fast forward 8 years now everyone has outdoor light displays of every style and size. One common item is the wireframe deer everywhere. Got a call from my next closest competitor (neighbor) asking if I knew anything about his dozen wireframe deer lights suddenly overnight all becoming different colors where they had been all white. I had no comment of course. :D

hutchijw
12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Im having just the opposite problem.......kind of...
This is my first animated light show so this year my house is alot brighter than the previous years ( as I added alot more lights). I was outside talking to my neighbor who normally puts up some nice lights but has not yet done so this year so I asked why? His answer was becuase I (hutch) put out a ton of lights and have a nice display so he doesnt think he is going to put any out :-(

Bah Humbug!

daviddth
12-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah my neighbours gave up 2 years ago when I had a tiny 5000 lights up. Now over 16000 & one neighbour is taking me on - with two 250 strand lights at the top of his 60ft tree. :)

ben
12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah my neighbours gave up 2 years ago when I had a tiny 5000 lights up. Now over 16000 & one neighbour is taking me on - with two 250 strand lights at the top of his 60ft tree. :)

I just start encroching. I said "that tree would look nice with a few lights on it" (it was a small 20 foot tree) So he left one day and when he came back he had 800 red lights, 200 white lights and 200 gold lights on the tree :lol: Next year he is getting a nice set of animated tomato cage trees and possibly icicle lights. :D

Ben

daviddth
12-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Nice one. I wish I could get more in the street to animate, or even just put up lights. I even told my next door neighbour if he put up the lights and wanted them animated I'd build the controller and do the sequences for him, even to the point of running both in the one sequence, but alas he just wants his 500 lights up the tree, all blinking at different times :)