PDA

View Full Version : HELP! just hooked up my olsen coop (issue solved)

xmasolraz
12-09-2007, 01:02 PM
installed all lights connected to olsen from puter. led lights on channel 1234and 7 stay lit. Don't know why! no xmas lights are lit either...
595 is not working other than led's ALL SSR's do have their led's lit.

any help appreciated!

xmasolraz
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
But only 2 ssr's are working and only half of those....

Not sure may hwat to make of this...

ANY HELP?

flintman
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Double check all solder joints, make sure chips are in the right way, and make sure you cable from pc to olsen is pined correctly

xmasolraz
12-09-2007, 06:42 PM
i bought the ssr's from someone on the sight they said they checked the boards prior to sending...

i needed to solder the fuses on however. 1st time ever doin this... wasn't difficult though. took all maybe 30 minutes to do16!

cables I made and checked after each completion. Used a straight wiing system all the way thorugh and same wiring system on all strands.

used this site to assis t me http://www.lanshack.com/make-cat5e.aspx
used diagram b for all cables. i saw somehwre size of cables made a huge difference. could this also be the case.... This seems to be nice cable.

Thansk for yu help. Hope you can come up with more trials for me i am gettin nowhere fast

can't even rurn on my lights

Ronp
12-09-2007, 07:22 PM
from the pc to the controller how are you conecting to the parellel make sure you have the corect pins from the parellel conected to the controller

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinouts#Controller_Output_Pinout_S tandard

Josh
12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
i am the one who sold it to him.... The adapter for parallel to cat5 is one Brian made. I tested most of the circuit boards before i shipped them, and they worked. Im really confused, but im thinking its a cable or voltage problem as two boards work, but only 1/2 of the board

xmasolraz
12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
yep appear to be correct. all the leds go on at the controller 595 the ssr's are not all working only 2 of them are working.. and one is only half working.
tried taking a cable form another ssr to a working ssr and the cable worked the working ssr the non working ssr is still ot working,,,

Ronp
12-09-2007, 07:32 PM
only 1/2 on both boards?

the 595s arent backwards on the second 1/2 of the boards ?

Ronp
12-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Im lost