PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Page on Wiki

P. Short
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I've changed the main hardware page on the wiki to try and provide an overview of the various DIY designs that work with Vixen, as well as adding some pictures. The purpose of this change is to try and give the newbies some context for the rest of that wiki section. Some of what I wrote is more or less just my opinion, so feel free to add to that page and to change things if they aren't quite right in your opinion.

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Electronics_Hardware

--

Phil

bonuts
12-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I think that will be incredibly helpful to the uninitiated. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

RJ
12-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Great Job Phil!

Matt
12-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I moved the pictures into a gallery, hopefully that will make it a bit easier to read.

-Matt

P. Short
12-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks, Matt. That helped a lot.

Now I'm thinking that we should somehow merge in the page that RavingLunatic just wrote, which has a table and representative pricing info on it. Right now there is some overlap between the material that I added and what RL wrote.

--

Phil

Matt
12-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Also, perhaps it would be better to organize the controllers by purpose (lights, LED sign, servo, etc) and/or by capability (dimmable, non-dimmable, etc.) then by connectivity. I would suspect that a newbie would generally be more interested in what a controller can do then in how it works (parallel, serial, DMX).

-Matt

TED
12-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Also, perhaps it would be better to organize the controllers by purpose (lights, LED sign, servo, etc) and/or by capability (dimmable, non-dimmable, etc.)

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe someting like this:

Dimmable light controllers

Non-dimmable light controllers

Sign controllers

DMX controllers

Servo controllers

TED (This is my name not a controller type! :wink: )

P. Short
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Go for it. That's what wikis are for.

--

Phil

RJ
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Except a dmx controller is not a DMX controller. Dmx is the protocol it is still a dimmer or an on/off light controller or etc.