PDA

View Full Version : Grinch Dead Need help troubleshooting **FIXED**

ibby1
12-08-2007, 03:25 PM
I had a channel go out last night. While troubleshooting that Channel I selected all channels on via the software now the nothing works. I have a LED light on the grinch board and all SSRs but nothing will turn on. I am only using 7 SSRs but tried pluging a know good one into each jack. I have unpluged the board and reboot the computer. How do I trobleshoot this?

flintman
12-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Is this the first time running the system??? If so What type of chips you using MBI or Allegro chip??

If MBI they are very voltage sensitive i Had same issue got a regulated 1-5 volt power supply tuned into 4.46 volts and everything works. I got my free sample of Allegro chips and now i can run the power off my PC

ibby1
12-08-2007, 04:05 PM
No the board has been running for several weeks. I just told vixen to test all channels and then nothing. I am not sure what the chips are I got the Wjohn with my board order.

RJ
12-08-2007, 04:28 PM
did you restart you computer? even thought the led is lit do you know you didn't overload your power source and are not getting much power out of it. Sometimes p/s can fail and still a little out but not enough to run things. Just a thought.

Wayne J
12-09-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm going to say this (because I'm guilty of it) when you did the 'test channels', did you move the slider bar up to actually turn them on, after you chose 'select all'?

klanger
12-09-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm going to say this (because I'm guilty of it) when you did the 'test channels', did you move the slider bar up to actually turn them on, after you chose 'select all'?

Umm, me too.lol :D

12-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Having just started one of the best pieces of advice i was given was to make a LED test board.

if you look at the curcuit diagram for the SSR board it should only be a matter of putting LED's in 2 pins of the Opto socket to be able to test if the outputs are running.

this will confirm that your grinch is working.

as for which pins. i would guess and say pin 1 and 2 of the opto. thats the square pin and the middle pin on the same side. as for which way. the flat edge of the led in pin 1 would be my first guess.

thats assuming you have socketed your optos and your using one of the standard board layouts.

mac_man_luke
12-09-2007, 08:32 AM
i had a similar problem one day, just rebooted the machine fixed it

ibby1
12-09-2007, 06:18 PM
With great help from RONP I got it working. The issue was that chip 1 went bad. I replaced it with chip 4 (did not have any channels on it) and the thing worked great.

So a reminder to have some extra chips incase on of them blows.