PDA

View Full Version : question on lights

techs21
03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
I am new to this I want to cover my house in lights what would be to best way to do that with putting to many holes in my house

Any display ideas would also be helpful

thanks

dirknerkle
03-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi, Techs21. Welcome to DIYC.

This is a place of idea-sharing of the extreme type. There is an awful lot of information here about "how I do it" and photos and everything else. However, you have to spend some time looking through the various thread titles to find the information. I'll suggest that the information you're looking for is likely in the "How To" forum. Go check it out. Select a thread title that interests you, go to the FIRST posting in the thread and then read them from there on. I still do that periodically and I always pick up new ideas I missed the LAST time I read them!

Have fun, don't be afraid to ask questions, but look through the available information first.

Skunberg
03-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Wow, "cover my house in lights". I think you need to break that down into the different parts you want to cover with lights. Like ''how do I cover my garage door with lights?" and "How do I put lights on my eves?" and so on. You might want to think about how much power you have for lights? How many lights do you have or plan to buy? How many channels do you plan to need? But you could cover your whole house with lights and no holes by staking the to the ground and run them over the house and stake down the other side.

Brian

n8huntsman
03-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I saw a guy use garden lattice. 12" x 12" on centers, or maybe even a little closer. He attached his lights to that, and attached the lattice to the side of his house.