PDA

View Full Version : Looking for you thoughts

olingerjccj
03-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Well I am getting ready to plan my 2011 layout. I am kinda torn here. I was thinking on 1 16 ft spiral mega tree and a couple 4ft spiral trees. Thinking about it I thought it would be cool to have no mega tree but have like 16 4ft spiral trees all over the yard. i know it is all personal preference but what do you all think.

Thanks
John

SteveMaris
03-07-2011, 11:34 AM
1 Mega tree 10 4ft spirals

tweist
03-07-2011, 12:00 PM
You have to have the Mega Tree. Its the center point, the biggest, and the brightest thing everyone will see. 10 or more mini trees would also be a great added touch, but your really should keep the mega tree.

dirknerkle
03-07-2011, 12:06 PM
This year I'm going to invent a "mega-shrub." Short, don't have to worry about wind blowing it over so you don't need guy wires, don't need a ladder to put it up, and best of all, you don't have to worry about some schtoob snowplow driver knocking it over. :lol:

Oh, and did I mention it snowed again last night? (arghhhh....)

Skunberg
03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
My first love and the reason I got into this hobby is the Megatree. It was the first animated part of my display and I couldn't live without it. But that is me. I could see a beginner starting with a large amount of minitrees layed out in a design (triangle, square, ect.) to sequence like the original Carson video (Budwiser) could be very entertaining.

Brian